shape
carat
color
clarity

ER and proposal went perfect, which wedding band?

MLM123

Rough_Rock
I proposed Friday and we started wedging ring shopping today (had much help form folks here picking the ring and the proposal,,,thanks). We went to the mall stores to try on bands. She's leaning toward a plain band with a curve or cutout for the ER. Included pics of a few bands she tried on, she wanted to try on a ring with baguettes but none were at the store. We're looking to buy online, any suggestions on a band that would go well with this setting?

We'll be reviewing your suggestions together:

IMG9534831001.jpg IMG9534951.jpg IMG9534921 (002).jpg

Attachments

• IMG9534921 (002).jpg
    IMG9534921 (002).jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 46

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I proposed Friday and we started wedging ring shopping today (had much help form folks here picking the ring and the proposal,,,thanks). We went to the mall stores to try on bands. She's leaning toward a plain band with a curve or cutout for the ER. Included pics of a few bands she tried on, she wanted to try on a ring with baguettes but none were at the store. We're looking to buy online, any suggestions on a band that would go well with this setting?

We'll be reviewing your suggestions together:

IMG9534831001.jpg IMG9534951.jpg IMG9534921 (002).jpg

I love the curved band idea. I believe that a curved band with alternating baguettes & rounds will look perfect with her ER!! I have seen examples on Instagram. Let me post them, in a moment...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Another designer who has a lot of baguette and other deco style options:

https://www.auroradesigner.com/search?q=Baguette+band

I have a couple of bands from this designer and the quality is great for the price imho. The downside with some of these online vendors is many make items to order and may not allow returns...helps to really know what you want or be ok with it looking a little bit different than you were expecting b/c you just don't know sometimes til you have a chance to try it in person. Happy hunting!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring looks even better on her hand! Lovely!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You have received some lovely suggestions. I am certain your intended will choose the perfect band. Will your bands both be of the same metal or look(both white metal)?

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the last picture with the two wedding bands

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Do any of the above appeal? The last photo with small squares and emerald cuts combined would be gorgeous with your intended’s engagement ring. You might consider a custom project with small square cuts across the top and a plain shank coming down the side of the vertical and then around the finger. Mainly, don’t detract from that beautiful ring. I fear your last photo with the double rings does detract, too busy.

Happy shopping.

MLM123

Rough_Rock
We went shopping again this morning to try on more rings. Unfortunately very few options in stores with step cuts to try on. Pave is definitely out (too busy and takes away from the ER, she liked these the least). Mathews1127 suggestion of a curved band with a mix of baguettes and rounds sounds very nice and the square cut ring linked is beautiful, but out of budget.

This ER has a very thin band and has the baguettes facing the right way (thanks for linking), not sure how it would look with the ring without it being curved around the ER center
https://www.auroradesigner.com/prod...ique-mothers-day-ad1461?variant=7953944772660

This ring with a band at or under 2mm and baguettes with more of a taper would be perfect I think (again, thanks for linking), but would have to custom make? Sounds expensive
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvw3cVSHrG2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1em74km71vkct

We think a ring set high like this maybe ideal, but with a simpler design. The height difference in low profile rings looked a bit off(thanks for linking this)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/601516...ry&ga_search_query=&ref=sr_gallery-1-10&frs=1

Please keep the suggestions coming.... THANKS

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
We went shopping again this morning to try on more rings. Unfortunately very few options in stores with step cuts to try on. Pave is definitely out (too busy and takes away from the ER, she liked these the least). Mathews1127 suggestion of a curved band with a mix of baguettes and rounds sounds very nice and the square cut ring linked is beautiful, but out of budget.

This ER has a very thin band and has the baguettes facing the right way (thanks for linking), not sure how it would look with the ring without it being curved around the ER center
https://www.auroradesigner.com/prod...ique-mothers-day-ad1461?variant=7953944772660

This ring with a band at or under 2mm and baguettes with more of a taper would be perfect I think (again, thanks for linking), but would have to custom make? Sounds expensive
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvw3cVSHrG2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1em74km71vkct

We think a ring set high like this maybe ideal, but with a simpler design. The height difference in low profile rings looked a bit off(thanks for linking this)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/601516...ry&ga_search_query=&ref=sr_gallery-1-10&frs=1

Please keep the suggestions coming.... THANKS

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I'd probably do the half way around baguette band, but she would need to be comfortable with the spacing as there would be a gap. Or an alternative would be to use a spacer band. I wore rounds with my EC, and it was really complimentary, the reflections of the tiny rounds seemed to bounce off of my ECs. Lovely effect, so I wouldn't totally discount rounds for a band! What about a baguette/round band?

https://www.zales.com/14-ct-tw-bagu...tour-wedding-band-14k-white-gold/p/V-19496645

MLM123

Rough_Rock

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m going to take a different tack here.
I love your ER!!
The notched bands you’re considering are probably going to teeder-todder from side to side. Maybe your finger is not built that way; but, if so, that would make me crazy!! She’ll always be looking down and adjusting her rings to line them up (maybe/maybe not). I would get a straight band and an eternity or one with a small sizing bar. Those baguette eternities linked above look nice. I’ve been married 25 years in October. 4 kids. I wear the same size. I’ve got 1/2 and full eternities and love them all, but the full eternities are so much easier to wear IMHO. Just my 2 cents.
Best of luck and congratulations. I m sure whatever you choose will be awesome. Just try not to overwhelm your gorgeous ER

711heather

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!! I know the problem you two are facing. My ER is very similar I was set on getting a eternity straight cut baguette cut band. NO mall stores or independent jewelers had any. I did fine my on-line(E-Bay was my friend) and I love it. I have two band, a low profile round/baguette band and then the straight cut baguette band. I was concerned about he gap at first and tried a few spacers, but never found anything I liked. Now two years later I am very happy with my rings and the gap, it helps highlight the ER.

ring.jpg

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Motownmama makes a good point about the “Teeter-totter.” However, a band can be secured to the engagement ring under the finger by a jeweler if you decide on a curved band. I too love the engagement ring; let it remain the star of the show. . Best regards!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another pretty vintage ring. I know the stones are rounds but mix and match can look really modern:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/676054...cut-diamond-14k-white?ref=shop_home_active_16
Also single cuts have nice big facets which complement EC broad facets really well IMO. I don't love fitted bands because as motownmamma points out, they seldom fit correctly which would drive me nuts. I really like the band that @711heather showed with her similar ring.
As those of us with the classic baguette setting (OEC with straight baguettes here), finding the right band is remarkably difficult!
I opted for a straight engraved band and there's a small gap which I really like. I also tried a single cut bead-set band - great match for the faceting but perversely too matchy-matchy for my taste :roll2::P2)
I did get a baguette channel set band but it wasn't right and that might be because it matched the side stones more than the centre.
There is a lot to recommend a classic plain band as well if you do get a fitted band as there may be times she wants to wear just her band and the fitted ones can look a bit odd by themselves (although a friend with one just turns her band round so the fitted cutout is palmside and then she has a plain band).

MLM123

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the suggestions and links. We went ahead and ordered the Blue Nile ring. It's marked down 50% until Friday and they only had a few left so we grabbed it. We should have it Monday, will post more pics when it arrives. (We could return it if it doesn't look right)

She's set on baguettes or a plain band, she tried on several round cut rings and didn't like the contrast. I think she made a great choice. the thin band, with higher channel set baguettes should go great with her setting without overwhelming it.

MLM123

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help in finding an ER and WR on a tight budget. We love the way the band compliments the ER without overwhelming it. Love the gap to emphasize each. And with 5 kids between us and 3 in college, love spending < $2400 for the set. Soooo happy!

IMG9535391.jpg

Attachments

• IMG9535391.jpg
    IMG9535391.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG9535381.jpg
    IMG9535381.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find! They honestly look like they were made for each other.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results