shape
carat
color
clarity

Epiphany or Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thefitter

Rough_Rock

I have come to the conclusion that I have lost sight of what is important about this purchase. It took re-reading some of the advice from "fire&ice, Mara and particularly Lawgem to come back to earth.

My original goal was to totally surprise my wife and make her feel special and happy on our anniversary by giving her the diamond engagement ring I was not able to before. Somehow the focus moved from that to me trying to make the shrewdest and savvy purchase I could. Calculating all the minute variables about how I could go up in color or clarity and save $500 here or there, what is the HCA rating, and who has free shipping or do I have to pay sales tax. And finally is this diamond ethically mined? Enough!

My wife does not know anything about any of those things. She’s not materialistic at all and she doesn’t really have strong feelings about buying brands or not buying brands. She’s politically compassionate and she knows I’m frugal without being ridiculous.

I am going to give her a very, very nice diamond ring that can be assured. But I’m not going to sit down with her and explain the sarin report and brilliance scope data with her or tell her how much it cost. And I’m sure not going to include her in the purchase beforehand. To each his own but that just doesn’t seem romantic to me.

This whole thing is about one specific moment in time. The moment she opens that big box with the bricks in it to find a small little box inside. The moment when she opens that little box (blue, red, green or whatever) and realizes what’s inside. The moment I see the smile on her face and tears in her eyes, followed by the hug and kiss I know I will get. Because those are the moments that feed my soul and drive my existence, and that’s what this is really all about. I can’t wait.

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to respond to my posts. You are a thoughtful and interesting group of people. I still have 11 more days to make my purchase so I just might come up with another question or two. If you see me slipping again a gentle nudge will be most appreciated.

Take care

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Amen Fitter! That's what its all about
appl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anyone disagree ? I hope not.

It's nice to know that what you buy is a good thing, but aside a reasonable level of reassurance, worrying about all the theory and practice of the trade is not more than a head ache. If all you want is a diamond, there is NO need to carry the whole industry with you - thanks for reminding us lot
9.gif

Big box with bricks and a small box inside... sounds intriguing already!

Tek

Rough_Rock
I don't think many can disagree with you. At first it was a fairly simple search for me as well, but it's very easy to get caught up in all the firescope images, reports, angels, AGA, HCA, H&A ...etc. It's fun, but can sometimes it can become overwhelming.

She will probably be very happy with what you get her because you put thought into the ring which is what really matters.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results