shape
carat
color
clarity

Environmentally-friendly burial methods

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I am still haunted by my sweet babies deaths. But I know we did the right thing by them. And gave them the ultimate gift. Peace from suffering. :(

There’s a quote. “Better a day too early than a minute too late”
Sadly we never get that exactly right but we do our best and to do any less is selfish.
Our animals are the best of us. IMO.
And, truth be told, I prefer animals over many people.
But I digress. Sorry.

So do I (apart from my family!), because there are lots of arses out there!

So admittedly I know very little about this topic but the link I shared above, if accurate, states cremation is not a green way to go.

snip:
“Green burial rejects cremation, embalming, and concrete-lined graves to reduce the carbon footprint of death. “

Cremation is probably the most environmentally friendly out of the “standard” practices, but on its own it isn’t particularly good. However, there is this new process called “aquamation” that is slowly coming up where basically you just put the body in a bath with some chemicals and it breaks down into ash, Which is apparently the green equivalent to cremation. That’s supposed to be better for the environment but doesn’t have widespread approval yet.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

By the time we all are "buried": we'll might be full of metal--dental implants, crowns, joint replacements, mesh, shunts, stents, etc etc--maybe a lot of implants as well? How can this be accommodated?

cheers--Sharon

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
After visiting a cemetery and seeing that someone had grown a full grown fruit bearing pomegranate tree out of their grave I've decided that that is what I would like. It's beautiful to see little birds nesting in it and chirping, and the thought of my body aiding in producing fruit to nourish those who pick it is well....sweet.

Pun definitely intended.
♥️

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I would much prefer to feed a tree or have my ashes scattered in my favourite forest. Helping preserve koala habitat sounds good to me because it’s under constant attack from developers.

inne

Shiny_Rock
I am still haunted by my sweet babies deaths. But I know we did the right thing by them. And gave them the ultimate gift. Peace from suffering. :(

There’s a quote. “Better a day too early than a minute too late”
Sadly we never get that exactly right but we do our best and to do any less is selfish.
Our animals are the best of us. IMO.
And, truth be told, I prefer animals over many people.
But I digress. Sorry.

Yes yes yes. One of the things that gives me the greatest comfort is that my dog's death was the best it could possibly have been. We got to choose to say goodbye when it was best for her and she got to leave painlessly, a perfect end to a wonderful life. What a gift for all of us. I only wish the people I've lost had the same opportunity.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
HI:

By the time we all are "buried": we'll might be full of metal--dental implants, crowns, joint replacements, mesh, shunts, stents, etc etc--maybe a lot of implants as well? How can this be accommodated?

cheers--Sharon

I did a lot of googling due to this thread. Apparently before cremation they re supposed to remove breast implants because they can explode and turn into a gooey pile. In some countries joint replacements and other medical equipment are removed and sometimes reused.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I did a lot of googling due to this thread. Apparently before cremation they re supposed to remove breast implants because they can explode and turn into a gooey pile. In some countries joint replacements and other medical equipment are removed and sometimes reused.

The thing I love about Pricescope is that I usually learn something. Sometimes about the most unexpected subjects!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results