shape
carat
color
clarity

Engraving cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
I''m looking to get an engraving done on my platinum 950 e-ring. It''s exactly 43 characters long. I like to know how much is it typically to get that done?? How much does the service usually cost? Is it included usually if you get the ring at the same place

It''s just letters engraving, not any fancy designs or drawing.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
It varies and depends if you have machine engraving or hand engraving done. I had my husband's wedding band hand engraved and I think it was 20 characters and I think it was $60-70 - I don't really recall, but I know you are charged by the letter.

ETA: OK- I just found this online-

Hand engraving makes a lovely addition to the inside or the outside of your wedding ring. Here are some guidelines as to what can be done.

Inside of your wedding ring shank

Engraving on the inside of an wedding ring is only available in one font style - this is a slightly italicised script. The cost is £1.30 (+VAT UK and EU only) per character (thats about US$2.35) and there is generally enough space for a maximum of about 28 characters including spaces, but of course this varies from size to size. We can engrave words in any language and simple symbols (for example a simple heart shape). Its worth remembering that if your wedding ring has many stones then these stone backs are usually open (to aid cleaning the stones) so we can only generally fit about 1 character between each stone hole and one of these gaps will already be taken up with the hallmark.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Machine engraving costs quite a bit less than hand engraving. You might want to check on the difference in price and look. Many retail stores offer machine engraving done in-house. Only a few have hand engravers on staff.

You need to consider where the karat stamp and trademarks are located to be sure you can fit that much lettering into the space available in your ring, too.

If you cannot find anyone in your area who does this work and no one has a better suggestion for you, please feel free to contact us and we will try to give you assistance, but it will be better to do the job locally if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results