shape
carat
color
clarity

Engraved Wedding Band hunt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
So, the joy of having a custom engagement ring is that you infinitely complicate your wedding band search. I've spent a lot of the last two weeks searching for a band to match her ering. A couple of pieces on antiquejewelrymall come relatively close, but the pattern is not a match and the rings are already sized. Basically, we're looking for a platinum, engraved "wheat" pattern (or "chasing") band, milgrain edges, 2-2.5mm, size 6.5. I've already got a guy who can custom make it, but it's obviously pricey. The pattern is not uncommon among antique Erings, so I thought I should be able to find a band or someone who already produces them. I've attached a small example of the pattern. Found this on an Ering online, but the same company doesn't have a matching band.

Any tips?

BTW: isn't it annoying to run a search on google and get all these links that are just pass-thru referral sites?

wheatpatternsmall.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the exact look? Can you post a close up of the actual wedding ring?

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
trying to get the pic uploaded.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
this demonstrates the shank. what we're looking for doesn't have to have the smooth ridges...mainly looking for the engraving and the milgrain edge. no diamonds in the wedding band either.

Ringshoulder2.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
looking through the ring.

atlringside.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
it's hard to see on those pictures, but you might find something close at http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/

however, if you don't go with the same source, it's just not going to look quite the same... if you get it custom-done by someone else, they might be able to match it, but since you know someone who can do that already, it seems a bit silly.

EDIT: oops. you've already looked there. hmm... there's no where else I can think of off of the top of my head that does a pattern like that, except perhaps Tacori or Coast Diamonds (Tacori knockoff). you can always go through the antique settings list.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
that second one is pretty much on the money. thanks for the help crew.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Just so you know, JeweleryExpert is also a custom shop, so it may not make a lot of difference price-wise to you to get close to what you have. I hear they do excellent work, however.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results