shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagment Rings Direct... NYC vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have been spending quite a bit of time searching these forums and it seems that the best way to go about buying a diamond would be to purchase one from online vendor. I am lucky enough to live close to NYC and therefore would like to go in person to see the ring first. Has anyone every dealt with Engagment Rings Direct and how was your experience? ARe you able to go there in person to view the stones? Also, are there any other vendors in NYC you would recommend? Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do a search for engagment rings direct and a ton of threads will pop up. I have yet to purchase from them but have commucated via email and they have been wonderful. I wouldn''t hesitate to buy from them at all and if they are local for you that''s a huge bonus.

You might also consider making the short drive to Goodoldgold. I would recommend making an appointment if you are planning on visiting either vendor.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance purchased my cushion from ERD and we are both in love with the diamond!!! (and eachother too
28.gif
)
Right now the stone is in a "temporary" setting that I''ve been wearing for almost 2 months now, but we are hopefully sending it off soon (as in maybe this week!!!!!!!!!!!) to be fitted to it''s to-be-made custom setting (also from ERD).

I have full confidence in them even without every meeting anyone in person (we live in FL) and cannot wait to have my final ring!

Although I have never been, I know others have stopped by his place, so I''m sure you can too.

Are you looking for a cushion? That is what Mark is known for - although I''m sure he''d be wonderful help with any purchase.

Do read the reviews on this site, there are many happy customers....

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never purchased from them, but I wouldn''t hesitate to purchase with them given their good reputation here.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, we bought from Mark at ERD in Oct 2005 and his service was great. I would highly recommend him. Do some searches in this forum for engagementringsdirect or ERD and you should see a lot of matches...

Anne

PS - Yes, he can obtain potential stones for you and then you can go see in person before buying. I live far away, so he sent photos, etc, but others here have went in person. But I''ve been to his office before, it''s in the NYC diamond district.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I called today and spoke with Gary. Does anyone know anything about him? I keep hearing the name Mark associated with ERD, should I stick with him?

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
mark is the big cheese, but maybe search the forum for people who have specifically worked with gary to see if they were happy.

personally, we are working with mark, as did most of the people i have read posts from here on pricescope.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard good things about Gary too... do a search.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 10:34:44 PM
Author:DiamondSeeker7
Also, are there any other vendors in NYC you would recommend? Thanks!
Especially given your proximity to the NYC area, I''d like to second checking out GOG, on Long Island. Most of Jon''s diamonds are cherry picked by him, and not only do they come with a lot of data, the data is highly accessible on his website, so you can effectively shop in advance. Unfortunately, and despite Mark''s good rep at ERD...I don''t see how you can use his website to learn anything...having just spent a few minutes there, trying to do just that.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have checked out GOG and have been since August. I do agree that they are great diamonds, but rarely do I find one that fits the criteria I am looking for. And while I am aware that they are H&A cuts, the prices seem much higher than ERD. thanks

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edit; meant to reply to your other thead
37.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
My bf just bought my cushion center stone last month. It is gorgeous! I worked with Mark, all online and by phone. I am in NC and actually built my trust based on the comments on this site.

While it''s true the ERD site isn''t as "spiffy" as some of the other sites I wanted a cushion and, with Mark''s reputation on Pricescope, I had to go to him first. To be honest, I was wishing Mark had all the bells and whistles on the site, as well, but when I talked to him I found him to be so knowledgeable and I was so comfortable speaking to him that I knew I wanted to see what he could do for me. He was very candid about what I could get within my budget. Actually, what I wanted in my price range could not be found with his primary diamond contacts, so he had a secondary list of contacts he used and my diamond came from someone who normally supplies to Switzerland.

Mark is very resourceful, keeps in close contact with you so you don''t feel you have been forgotten, and he works quickly. He had a stone for me within 3 weeks and that was over Christmas holidays and he took a week off. I had been looking locally for months! I am currently working on the perfect setting and will be having Mark create it, as well.

I''m sure I am biased since I have never worked with other vendors referenced on this site, but I would highly recommend ERD. Best of luck to you. This is a very exciting time!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 1:56:19 AM
Author: MMM
My fiance purchased my cushion from ERD and we are both in love with the diamond!!! (and eachother too
28.gif
)
Right now the stone is in a ''temporary'' setting that I''ve been wearing for almost 2 months now, but we are hopefully sending it off soon (as in maybe this week!!!!!!!!!!!) to be fitted to it''s to-be-made custom setting (also from ERD).
MMM, What are the chances you could start a new thread and update it step-by-step with the custom process using ERD? Or have you already picked/created the setting? I will be using ERD to create my setting soon, as well, and I would love to know what to expect. Would you mind too terribly if I followed your progress?
21.gif

BDJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 8:19:37 PM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
I called today and spoke with Gary. Does anyone know anything about him? I keep hearing the name Mark associated with ERD, should I stick with him?

I just went through the process with Gary - he helped us pick out our cushion (that we love!).

I am in Louisiana, and he made me feel very comfortable and confident that he was finding the best stone in our budget.

I think that I called him at least 1-2 times every day for a week or so with questions - he was very helpful!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
DIANNE - thanks for the suggestion, I began a new thread about the ongoing process titled: "Dreaming of my cushion halo…. (the process)"

Warning: its kinda lengthy : )

** sorry to threadjack

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results