shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement spoiled by Chinese Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god, derekinla, I saw that post you mentioned. Loooooooong. That is, hands down, the longest thread I've ever seen!!!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Tomatoe

I in particular find it amusing because although my family has been here about 10,000 years, give or take an ice age or two, none of the languages spoken at the time the Europeans arrived are spoken by any of the European descendants.

I can imagine how you feel when you see an American yelling at someone in their *own* country for not speaking English. My foreparents were treated the same way in *this* country for not speaking English. How confusing is that?

People really need to take a time out, now and again, from behaving like children.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just wanted to add, the number 7 is considered an auspicious number by any number of Plains Nations (tribes), while 4 is also considered auspicious, because of the 4 directions, North, South, East, and West. Some Nations also consider number 6 a fortunate number for the four directions, but they add Earth, (5) and Heaven (6).

win

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
lol, i have been busy with work and this thread has exploded once again
9.gif

F&i: thats cos every1 coming to or living in america has to learn how to speak american!!
tongue.gif

derek: omfg that thread is incredibly long!!! weddings are a general logistical, emotional, mental, etc nightmare but inter or ethnic marriages in a country other than the couples country of origin have to be the WORST!
14.gif

winyan: men especially white non-natives to a country have always had to force the natives (native american/ australian aborigines) to conform to them rather than the other way round. it's not confusing, it's downright shameful behaviour, but i shan't continue cos thats gonna open up a whole can of worms.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results