shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deadbigtoe

Rough_Rock

okay after much frustration i have finally chose a diamond. now a whole other headache is forming. I chose a .91 ideal cut round E/SI1 and have narrowed down the setting to three. Which setting will be best for my diamond? My girlfriend is 5''7 124lbs if that helps any and her ring size is between 4.5-6 (Im sure that will be another headache). While she was at school i took a ring of hers and rushed to a jewelry to size it. He said it was a 4.5. That size seems very small to me. Here are the three settings.

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-6-Prong-Tiffany-Style_667.htm

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Sleek-Lines-Solitaire_688.htm

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-4-Prong-Tiffany-Style_608.htm

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

If she''s that height and only 127 lbs I wouldn''t be surprised if she''s a 4.5. However, it really depends on how fleshy or bony her fingers are.

Obviously, it''s more important which style of ring she likes than what I like. My preference is the 2nd one; I''ve never been fond of the typical Tiffany style. But, anyway to find out what she prefers?

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #3.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 6:43:47 PM
Author:deadbigtoe

Which setting will be best for my diamond? My girlfriend is 5''7 124lbs if that helps any and her ring size is between 4.5-6.

Ok- that''s funny!! 124 - sure she didn''t eat anything salty today? 124

9.gif

I like #1 or #2 best

35.gif

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock

I vote for #2. It''s easier for her to get her hand in your back pocket. Especially if she is 5''6 and 120lbs.

2.gif

Suzanne

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
I''m lovin'' #2!! Purely personal preference. I just like the look and the lines.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
If I''d have to choose I''d choose #2. The setting is good too because it is plain and can be resized easily if need be, but the size does *sound* good for her size.

deadbigtoe

Rough_Rock

I vote for #2. It''s easier for her to get her hand in your back pocket. Especially if she is 5''6 and 120lbs

? I dont get it. There is no way for me to find out what she likes, she is very simple and im sure she would like either of the 3. Well the Sleek Line setting make my diamond look bigger?

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

I REALLY like #2. I looks classy, elegant, and not so common as the typical tiffany.

emteeth.gif

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 8
6.gif
2:46 PM
Author: deadbigtoe

I vote for #2. It''s easier for her to get her hand in your back pocket. Especially if she is 5''6 and 120lbs

? I dont get it. There is no way for me to find out what she likes, she is very simple and im sure she would like either of the 3. Well the Sleek Line setting make my diamond look bigger?

I like the sleek line because the setting curves up to the diamond, and makes a less stick-up silhouette. Does that make sense? Therefore, in some situations(depending on how tight your jeans are)she can easily slip her hand in your back pocket without catching the prongs. It was a very tiny joke on a very serious subject. I am sorry.

15.gif

Suzanne

Plus, I deliberately misquoted her height and weight. I am off to stand in the corner now.

35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m the same height/weight and have the same ring size (4.5)--what a coincidence!
3.gif
Anyhoo, I like #3. It''s the classic look, and really the most elegant and simple. #2 is nice, but not nearly as pretty as #3.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to see more photos of the rings. For instance, how does #3 look head on? Is that knife edge going to be very thin next to the stone and make the stone look bigger? How high is #2 going to be? I''d like a straight side shot to compare it to 1 and 3. Can you get more photos?

deadbigtoe

Rough_Rock
I wish i could, but those are the only ones on the website. If someone comes across pics of these settings please post them. thanks

icelady

Brilliant_Rock

Hi DBT,

I am 5''7" and 127 lbs and my ring size is 4.5! So 4.5 is probably right.

I really like #2 because it is unique and very attractive from the side.

Let us know what you end up with!

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results