shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Rings Direct: Negotiate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

catabie

Rough_Rock
We are contemplating on getting a stone from them-met with Mark and looked at it yesterday and we love it.

The stone is fairly large-so I am sure there is a more markup than the smaller ones (over 5 carat)

Anyone here has similar experience on negotiating with Mark on a fairly large stone and where are your results?

Thanks for all the input!
36.gif

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:27:56 AM
Author:catabie

The stone is fairly large-so I am sure there is a more markup than the smaller ones (over 5 carat)

Actually, my understanding (and someone please correct me if I''m wrong) is that there is LESS of a mark-up on larger stones. That said, it certainly can''t hurt to ask if he has any wiggle room. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:27:56 AM
Author:catabie
We are contemplating on getting a stone from them-met with Mark and looked at it yesterday and we love it.

Anyone here has similar experience on negotiating with Mark on a fairly large stone and where are your results?

Thanks for all the input!
36.gif
You can certainly ask him if he has any flexibility on price, also if you pay via bankwire this might enable you to get a discount.

catabie

Rough_Rock
we have told him about the wire but he said his markup is small but honestly i dont buy that..

i know how business runs, there is always a good enough markup that you can offer a discount. i just dont know how much is reasonable.

i dont want to go to him and ask for 10% if he is going to think i am crazy...
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:38:19 AM
Author: catabie
we have told him about the wire but he said his markup is small but honestly i dont buy that..

i know how business runs, there is always a good enough markup that you can offer a discount. i just dont know how much is reasonable.

i dont want to go to him and ask for 10% if he is going to think i am crazy...
9.gif

Well, you can buy it or not, but the markup on diamonds from a vendor like Mark isn''t actually super high. You can always ask though, but usually he doesn''t negotiate.

He might be able to deal with you more on the setting or something else though, who knows.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
IMO, it doesn''t hurt to try- especially in this economy! People are more eager to make the sale, even if it means a smaller margin.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond you are looking at from Mark is going to be a lot less expensive than buying a comparible stone from a B&M store. Buying online is already saving you a lot of money.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:44:50 AM
Author: Maisie
The diamond you are looking at from Mark is going to be a lot less expensive than buying a comparible stone from a B&M store. Buying online is already saving you a lot of money.
Probably true! But I doubt catabie is in the business of giving away his/her money. There is nothing wrong with shopping around and asking for the best price. I prefer my money in my pocket, as opposed to that of someone else.

catabie

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input.

Wish me luck! I had a pleasant experience speaking with Mark but at this moment, customer service isn''t the factor to purchase. Reaching a price is important for us.

31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results