shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assher - Smassher: take a look at diamondsbylauren.com (safe bet) and israel-diamonds.com (where I did some shopping too). You could find some interesting prices there. If not for buying, at least as source of inspiration these sites are great. And square emerald cuts are everywhere nowadays, even if the branded Asschers are not. How important is the difference? No idea here, it is a matter of taste and priorities...

As about the weight of each 'C': well, there has been a poll here lately about the size of diamonds, and the result came that most ladies like 1 to 1.5 cts pieces. Pricescope itself is about people who love great cuts and could talk a ton about the right angles, depths and so forth.

Personally, I like diamonds as they come from the ground, maybe with little intervention (such as the table and rose cuts were). However, it seems that my taste is way out of the trend and I would not inflict it on anyone. For me, the perfect diamond is a perfectly formed, rough octahedron, white and clean and large enough to hold between your fingers... 'Enough said.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you after a solitaire or not? See below what I mean... This ring is way below your price range, but it could be an idea?! I am not the seller, of course, but I like the piece and thought it was a great use of those three Asschers
1.gif

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Just to throw out more food for thought, check out the Spring Cut diamonds from whiteflash.com If you are going with the asscher, she will not be disapointed, but just look at the spring as a comparason since it is more her original emerald/Charlotte shape...if that's the way she wants to go? Good luck.

Kristina

Rough_Rock
I suggest that if you are wanting to get a nice diamond but have a set limit that you are wanting to spend.. You might want to look at a solitaire with a nice color and clearity. Such as SI1 and G or H color.. With the SI1 You are not going to see the inclussions that you will with an I1 without a loop or Microscope.. Beside truthfully, if someone was to come to my hand and look at my ring with a loop I would slap them before they got a chance to take a good look. A G,H color you are still maintaining a white diamond and will only be able to see traces of yellow if it was looped. In time with a Solitaire you can purchase a mounting for it later on. You can buy online, I have seen a few good places but truthfully you can go to a Jewelery store and most of them will bring in a diamond for you if they do not have one in there stock that appeals to you. I do that often. Also purchasing a ring from a Jeweler will guarentee customer service down the road... Which in time you are going to need. So shop online.. get prices on diamonds then hit the Jewelry Stores and find a sales associate that you like and seems to be honest. There are a few out there I promise *Grins* Good luck.

stargazer00725

Rough_Rock
Good Morning!

Hopefully this email will help you out. My boyfriend and I broke up over a year ago and he didn't want the engagement ring back. I brought the ring to a few jewelers and the ring is appraised at $8,500.00 I don't know much about diamonds, but I can send you a picture and detailed information from the jewelers on the stones if you'd like. The diamond (a little over 1 carat) is surrounded by baguettes on either side with a platinum band. I would certainly NOT sell it for the appraised price. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you and Good Luck!
1.gif

Levi

Rough_Rock
How does this one look? Worth the price? http://www.abazias.com/database/rapinfo.asp?stock=5067538&flag=ps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results