shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TylerCubs

Rough_Rock
Hi there.. I''m new, been reading through the FAQ''s and learned a bit about diamonds, but I was wondering if someone could give me a general overview of the time line for ordering an engagement ring.. I''m planning on popping the question around Nov/Dec of this year, and was just curious when I should start going to jewelers.. Is a month a reasonable time for the whole process from start to finish?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is different with everyone. Some people find their perfect diamond right away. Some people take months or even years to find one. Same with settings. In my case, my FI found my diamond in a month or so and my setting took 4-6 weeks to be made (standard time for Tacoris) I think you really should start looking now. It is better to have the ring sooner rather than later. My FI kept my ring hiden for a few months until the proposal. Good luck!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I would leave at least two months, especially if you want to get a specific setting made for the stone you choose. Like Tacori said, a lot of the big name (and small shop) designer settings take 4-6 weeks to be made. I would leave even more time if you are looking for a fancy cut stone or an especially difficult carat weight to find (typically the larger stones are harder to find).

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d leave nothing to chance and start now. time for lots of questions....which you will have....and time for changes of mind. and time to find a vendor you like. avoids the pending holiday rush that comes about the time you plan to ask the questions and present a ring.

movie zombie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what you are looking for. Some stones in the higher carat weights are in limited supply. If you are looking for a fancy cut they take longer to find as well. No reason why you shouldn''t start your search now. If the perfect stone turns up grab it. Prices are only going to go up. Good luck!!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not too early to start looking now. There are a lot of Christmas proposals...so there is a higher demand for diamonds around the holidays and it is more difficult to find what you want! I''d also leave nothing to chance and start looking.

TylerCubs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''ve sent an email to Issac at Dimend Scaasi to set up a meeting :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have fun and keep us posted, please!

there have been so many stories here at pricescope about people [men] that waited until about two months before the holidays to find an e-ring and how 1-pissed they were that the diamond they finally decided they wanted was sold the day before or 2-there were no diamonds available that met their criteria......because, duh, in both instances the competition to get good quality stones for one of the prime engagement periods of the year is the holidays!

your future fiance is lucky to have a man that thinks ahead!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results