shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring - Thoughts on this ~1.5ct

clueless89

Rough_Rock
What do people think about the following diamond and setting? Would love some expert thoughts / feedback. Thinking about setting it in a platinum, Vatche 1533 setting. Was also provided the GIA report and CanadaMark card. Idealscope ranked as 1.1 Excellent ( depth: 60.8%, table: 58%, crown 34, pavilion 40.8 ). Specifications: ~1.5ct, excellent cut, F, VS2 clarity

Separately, is there anything similar to the Vatche 1533 that holds the diamond closer to the band? Don't want it sitting too high. That being said, seemed closer to band than other Vatche settings, such as the U-113, 1502 and 1507.

david-officelight_black-02.jpg
david-idealscope-01.jpg
david-hearts-01.jpg
david-aset_white-01.jpg
david-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg

185_0.jpg
185_1.jpg
185_2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pavillion can't be 40.

It's going to be 40 POINT something.

But it's a nice stone and a great setting.

clueless89

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452289894|3972886 said:
Pavillion can't be 40.

It's going to be 40 POINT something.

But it's a nice stone and a great setting.

Apologies; fixed that. The 40.8 combined with a ) turned into a smiley face! 8)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it. Great job. I think you are good to go.

clueless89

Rough_Rock
Wonderful - glad to hear! What are your thoughts on the size? How much would you expect a diamond like this to sell for?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should enter the specs into this: https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-search-results

Find the closest match to you what you bought, down the lab report, angles, everything (include fluorescence) and then you'll see what similar stones are going for.

clueless89

Rough_Rock
Would you consider the above light leakage? Also any thoughts on the imperfection?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nipe. I keep telling you it's a great stone. Nothing negative that is going to be eyevisible. Yiu have analysis paralysis. Just pull the trigger and stop being si anxious. You've got this.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What is interesting about the red reflector image (but not really something to be overtly concerned about) is the contrast between the darker reds vs the paler reds under the table. I've written about this before and its due to differences in azimuth angles. Ie. The pavilion and/or lower half angles that are oriented in the east/west orientation as opposed to the north/south orientation. Absolutely perfect alignment of the azimuth angles result in dark reds throughout (when combined with the right proportions) while tilted azimuth angles result in the paler reds you are observing. It isn't blatant leakage like whites are in that image but just thought I'd share so you knew what you were observing.

All the best,
Rhino

clueless89

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody. Appreciate all of the input. I went ahead and purchased the diamond and setting today. Think I'm getting a really good deal here. What do you think about an independent appraisal (even though I have GIA and CanadaMark reports and diamond is inscribed with both numbers)? Just looking for another check in the box / peace of mind.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job on diamond and setting!

I never get an appraisal on a GIA or AGS stone bought from a known, respected PS vendor. Have that vendor write you a valuation for insurance with the description and amount you paid for stone and setting. Attach a copy of the grading report and that is usually enough for insurance. Inflated appraisals make you overpay in insurance premiums, so it is not wise to do that. Every so often you can raise the value by getting an updated valuation. Prices are down at this time, so many people are overinsured. It is not always the case that prices are going up. You can easily check prices here under resources every couple of years and see if you need to update the valuation. Just always make it clear you want a true internet retail rate and not an inflated one.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet it's going to be beautiful! Please post a photo when you get it in-hand.

clueless89

Rough_Rock
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAgC4QIudZn/

Finally picked this beauty up today. Seamless experience with ID Jewelry (IDJ). Thanks to everybody for their recommendation! I can't stress how pleasant it was to work with Yekutiel and his team. Extremely professional and knowledgeable about the trade. All I did was mentioned I was from PriceScope and provided him with my budget. I didn't have the slightest idea of what I was looking for, but he certainly did. Fell in love with the first diamond he showed me. Looked at similar diamonds online through PriceScope, Blue Nile, James Allen, Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, etc. Every outlet was at least $2-3k more expensive. Also price checked through friends and referrals - anything that cost less also ranked terribly on HCA. Extremely quick turnaround as well (<1 day). Thanks PriceScope and the IDJ team!

Will be proposing Saturday - wish me luck! :angel:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Good luck with your proposal. She is going to love it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
clueless89|1452739282|3975721 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAgC4QIudZn/

Finally picked this beauty up today. Seamless experience with ID Jewelry (IDJ). Thanks to everybody for their recommendation! I can't stress how pleasant it was to work with Yekutiel and his team. Extremely professional and knowledgeable about the trade. All I did was mentioned I was from PriceScope and provided him with my budget. I didn't have the slightest idea of what I was looking for, but he certainly did. Fell in love with the first diamond he showed me. Looked at similar diamonds online through PriceScope, Blue Nile, James Allen, Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, etc. Every outlet was at least $2-3k more expensive. Also price checked through friends and referrals - anything that cost less also ranked terribly on HCA. Extremely quick turnaround as well (<1 day). Thanks PriceScope and the IDJ team!

Will be proposing Saturday - wish me luck! :angel:

YAY! SO happy to hear this. The stone is gorgeous.

PLEASE provide us with pictures when you have proposed! We love hand shots and close ups of the rings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and setting! :love: Vatche is very nice quality!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I just saw the insta pic, it is truly lovely! Congrats on a great purchase and show us lots of post proposal pics! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results