shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engagement ring stone reset as my everyday necklace

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I got engaged in 2013 with a beautiful custom ring by Single Stone with a 2 carat GIA M octagonal shaped vintage asscher. I had told my now husband that I wanted a vintage asscher and I loved the shape of this stone that he picked out. Over the years, I continued to wear my engagement ring on a daily basis. While I loved the setting and the shape, the lower color of the stone bothered me a bit. I am not THAT color sensitive but M was just a little too low for an engagement ring especially when I stacked my ring with my bands. I enjoy creating a daily stack and rotating around my bands that I have collected over the years and they are all in the G-H color range. I know some people really enjoy the contrast between different colored stones but I felt that my ring often lost its presence due to the lower color when stacked with my bands.

Recently, I had an opportunity to upgrade my engagement ring stone to GIA G vintage asscher and Single Stone was able to do the reset beautifully into my original setting. I spoke to Ari and Lindsay about my original stone as I still loved the shape and the pastels that the stone would throw out, not to mention the sentimental value it held. While I was there, I saw their “Summer” necklace, which is a rose cut round stone set into an unplated WG octoganal bezel pendant attached to their YG “Bond” chain and fell in love.

I had always thought about bezeling this stone to really show off the octagonal shape so I asked to set the stone into the same necklace but with a thin, sharp/clean bezel. I went back and forth between making it all YG or keeping the pendant part WG and the just the chain YG but after trying on the Summer necklace with what used to be my everyday necklace (VCA sweet alhambra necklace in RG that I never take off and have had for 11 years), I decided to keep it as a mixture of WG/YG as I loved the look of the two necklaces together and I KNEW this would be my everyday necklace stack from here on.

I went to go pick up my necklace today and it is SO gorgeous and I am obsessed with it! I took a ton of pictures to show some real life perspective and also some close ups of the amazing bezel. Please excuse my horrendous nails… I need a new manicure.
3FE680F7-22BD-4BE1-9FB6-42DEE7BBDB03.jpeg
5E81B5F8-E4FA-4116-9229-375D73FB4C28.jpeg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Win, win! What a fabulous setting and yay for keeping your original sentimental stone.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the way the bezel accentuates the shape of the diamond. Enjoy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I really like that :love: If I'm honest, I would probably never take it off.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! The shape really pops & I love the two tone with the rich gold!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing - what a beautiful job they did! And a gorgeous stone!

Win, win! What a fabulous setting and yay for keeping your original sentimental stone.

Very pretty! I love the way the bezel accentuates the shape of the diamond. Enjoy!

Two beautiful necklaces. How nice that you’ve kept your original diamond and were able to repurpose it in such a great way.

Thank you! I am so happy to see this stone in a bezel. While I love my engagement ring setting, I did feel that the shape of the stone sometimes got lost due to the basket so I am so happy that it gets to shine and show its beauty in all its glory. Every time I look in the mirror, there are crazy flashes of light coming at me from my neck and I love it!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Super pretty, love the overall style with that chain.

This is gorgeous! The shape really pops & I love the two tone with the rich gold!

Thank you! I do think the chain really ties in the shape and the style! The chain is also hand crafted and is 18K solid (not semi-hollow) YG so it’s got a really nice weight to it and is still very comfortable on the neck!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I really like that :love: If I'm honest, I would probably never take it off.

Thank you! I didn’t want to take it off before going to bed but I reluctantly did last night LOL

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new necklace! Its really striking and I love the straight line shape of the paperclip links with the octagonal assher lines. Also, I think there was a glimpse of your upgraded engagement asscher ring in the photos and it looks amazing! But of course we will need more pics of that one too! =)2

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is gorgeous! I love the shape and the paperclip chain. When we do we get see the upgrade? I want more!!

I love your new necklace! Its really striking and I love the straight line shape of the paperclip links with the octagonal assher lines. Also, I think there was a glimpse of your upgraded engagement asscher ring in the photos and it looks amazing! But of course we will need more pics of that one too! =)2

Thank you! I do think the shape and the size of the chain is perfect for this stone!

I do have a bazillion pics of my upgrade as well LOL. The current stone is a TINY bit smaller than my original stone - 2.01 vs. 2.04 but very similar dimensions so it was able to be set in my original setting without any issues. Even though they are pretty much the same size, the G really has more presence on the finger especially when stacked with multiple bands. Since it’s also a vintage stone like my original stone, it stills throws out those pastels that I just ADORE so much.
4B6E9FB1-0035-45B3-A4CD-C161A20685EA.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have the most beautiful pieces! :love: I love how you've reset your original stone, and your upgrade is just gorgeous.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
You have the most beautiful pieces! :love: I love how you've reset your original stone, and your upgrade is just gorgeous.

Thank you so much! I tried on the necklace with some of my other necklaces to see if I can get any additional stacks going.

One is a .53ct F natural AVR set in a platinum bezel by DK.
The other is a VCA RG GMOP Vintage Alhambra pendant.

I like the look with the VCA but 2 diamonds being stacked this way I think is distracting and competes with each other so I will most likely never wear the AVR and the asscher together.
8C4219C7-631F-4F55-B044-17474C43CAF5.jpeg

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is a HOME RUN!!!! Gorgeous necklace, sentimental and looks great with your Alhambra! I love it all!!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I love the chain you chose and it stacks beautifully with your sweet! The elongated links perfectly complement the step-cut lines of your special Asscher.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I do think the shape and the size of the chain is perfect for this stone!

I do have a bazillion pics of my upgrade as well LOL. The current stone is a TINY bit smaller than my original stone - 2.01 vs. 2.04 but very similar dimensions so it was able to be set in my original setting without any issues. Even though they are pretty much the same size, the G really has more presence on the finger especially when stacked with multiple bands. Since it’s also a vintage stone like my original stone, it stills throws out those pastels that I just ADORE so much.
4B6E9FB1-0035-45B3-A4CD-C161A20685EA.jpeg

LOVE this!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect solution! Wow. And you get to keep and wear the original stone with all its sentimental value but also meet your aesthetic preferences when it come to rings. Wonderful result.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the chain you picked too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, meaningful and luxurious pendant!

And your gorgeous new diamond is something special, too!

Congratulations on these lovely new pieces. :wavey:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect solution! Wow. And you get to keep and wear the original stone with all its sentimental value but also meet your aesthetic preferences when it come to rings. Wonderful result.

:love: Oh my goodness!!! LOVE your new necklace. The yellow gold chain with the white bezel really makes the stone just POP!!! :appl:

Beautiful! Love the chain you picked too!

Thank you! I really like the color and shape/size of the chain and I do think it compliments the stone very well! The white bezel also makes the stone appear larger which is also a plus :D

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, meaningful and luxurious pendant!

And your gorgeous new diamond is something special, too!

Congratulations on these lovely new pieces. :wavey:

Thank you so much! I do love my new diamond. It has so much presence and is so crisp but romantic at the same time :kiss2: Because of my work, I didn’t feel comfortable going any bigger in size so going up in color really was the perfect upgrade for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results