shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring purchase advice

Kmckinn3

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone. I plan on proposing in 3 weeks. I started to look online at Shane Co. for an engagement ring and ended up here. I instinctively thought purchasing a ring online would be a bad idea but that seems top be the consensus. I tried to find a thread for advice about purchasing an engagement ring but had no luck. My question is, could anyone give any advice for purchasing an engagement ring? As far as where to buy, what grade, what to watch out for, do I build my own or purchase the ring already put together... I'm clueless. I tried to find a thread for advice about purchasing an engagement ring but had no luck. Once I've found a good site I will have my girlfriend browse and find a style she likes so design is not a concern.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kmckinn3, please hit the "report concern" button and request that a moderator move your post to the Rocky Talky forum. You will get a lot of advice there.

You can save a lot of money by buying with a trusted Pricescope vendor and you can also get a much nicer diamond that what you'll find at Shane Co. Most of the recommended Pricescope vendors also have storefronts that you can visit if you happen to live near their areas.

Edited - Ok, I missed the part about having your girlfriend browse. If you think you may ever want to upgrade the diamond, Whiteflash.com is a good place to look. Other places that people here recommend are jamesallen.com and briangavindiamonds.com. A lot of people use BlueNile.com, but they don't provide all of the info on diamonds that you can easily get from those other sites.

Last edited:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's easier if you get the diamond and ring from the same place, but not strictly necessary. If you have your gf pick out a style of ring that she likes first, people will be able to help you find a diamond to fit that setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results