shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring problems, need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burrogs

Rough_Rock
So I went to my local jewler and ordered the ring, a 2 mm, 6-prong, low set, slight knife-edge tiffany solitaire ring in plat, and when I went to pick it up, the jewler had done his own thing, completely not what I had requested. I later contacted the jewler and told him my concerns, and he said that due to the size of the stone and its importance, blah blah blah, he changed the ring, (improvised). However, he said that he would make the changes I wanted.

What do I do? I originally wanted the Stuller Solstice ring, or a knock off of it, and did not get what I wanted. The ring looks good, but not what I wanted, it is more like 3 mm and is taipered toward the bottom. Also, the slight knife edge lookds like crap because of this thickening of the ring. I paid $300 for the ring, normally priced at $500, and was told that if I wanted the Stuller it would cost $200 more. How much do Stuller 6-prong Solstice rings run in a size 4, and should I demand this for all of my trouble.

Thanks for your thoughts

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's my advice to ya. I think for the trouble you have gone through your jeweler seems patient and willing to work with you. The bottom line is it seems what he has created for you is not what you wanted. If the ring is going to cost you $500.00 it might be worth pricing a genuine stuller 6-prong setting. It might cost you a couple hundred more, but you can be rest assured what your paing for is what your getting if your really set on getting that style. I understand that you are trying to save yourself some cash but in the long run you might save yourself some time and frusteration (as you have already outlined) with paying a little wxtra for a genuine stuller. I'll get back to you when I find a price qoute...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alasa
2.gif

Burrogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, I guess the question is, how much is the Stuller, and if it is near $500, shouldn't I be able to get that instead for no additional charge since what I was originally getting was supposedly a $500 ring.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That question is only to be answered by you and the jeweler you are dealing with. What ever arrangements you made might be binding if you put earnest money down for him to make the ring. If you however didn't I would talk with him and give hime the option of getting a genuine stuller for you. There are several reputable vendors on-line that will be able to help you. I know Jonathan from GoodOldgold.com deals in stuller settings and might be happy to qoute you a price. Depending on how flexible your jeweler has been it might be fair to give him the opportunnity to get you the genuine setting though. I did a search on white flash and found similar settings you were looking at with the six-prong knife-edge look in the range from 300-$500. So I don't imagine a stuller should be too much more. Go to whiteflash.com and take a look at the ring section.

Good Luck-

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results