shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring journal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bayou

Rough_Rock
I have just bought the ring (it is being made-specs later) without my significant other knowing. As a matter of fact, she believes our engagement is about a year away. The question I have is as follows:

Since she really did not participate in picking out the ring, I thought it a nice a idea to keep a journal of the six month journey I underwent in buying it. It is quite the story and took me to different people in several states. Does anyone think she would want such a thing? Any ideas appreciated!!

maggiepie11

Rough_Rock
Well, since my soon-to-be fiance have undergone the ring journey together, it's not really a feasible option for me. However, if I were your girlfriend, I would be fascinated by your stories and your travels, and your antics to keep everything a big secret.

I think it's adorable that you thought to keep a journal, and if I were you, I would totally give it to her. You could even make it part of your proposal night. Heck, maybe it could even somehow be incorporated into your wedding celebrations!

My vote is to give it to her! Good luck and congratulations in advance!
appl.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, what a sweet idea!!!

I would definitely want a journal of my honey's escapades as he went through the process. Of course - I'm the one doing the shopping for the diamond and the setting for our wedding rings, so I won't get a sweet journal.

It would be wonderful - not because of the technical points, but because of all the effort you went through to get the perfect ring for her... it's a six month journey for the right ring for the love of your life, and I think it would be incredibly touching for her to read.

***it makes me feel all sappy just thinking about it!***

optimized

Shiny_Rock
), but I regaled her with an impromptu verbal telling of "My Diamond Adventure" for quite a while after presenting her with the ring and she was definitely into it. I think you've got a great idea there. I'd go for it!

Btw, maybe you'd be so generous as to post the journal here when/if it's completed. A lot of us would be interested in the tale as well!
1.gif

-Tim

[/u]

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Definitely see if you could score points with it.
1.gif
Show it to her, but I don't think I would make a huge fuss over it. That way if she falls in love and cherishes it, great! But if she isn't so interested then you won't feel silly. Who understands woman anyway!?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think it's sweet.

Bayou

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. Nate I was not so much going to make aa big deal about it, rather I thought it might be something to have when we are old. I think its greatest impact might be in our twilight years when our kids are wondering what our courtship was like

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
As one for whom WORDS mean so very much
I think your journal is a very nice touch!

The thrill of the search, the why and how
Will be fun to review many years from now!

(from a fellow "record keeper"!!)
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeewwwwww, Bayou!!! What a wonderful idea!!!!!
love.gif

Proposal Idea!

Prepare your moment, of course, the way you would choose. And, instead of popping the question the traditional way, give her a present, your wonderful Engagement Ring Odyssey. Have her read the journal first, and then pop the BIG Q with the ring presentation.

Or will the journal reveal too much about how it looks???

Just a thought.

You old romantic you!
16.gif

I wish I were a bird, so Hubby would write about our lives. He keeps a Birding Journal. His "Life Sitings Journal" where he writes about when he first sees a new species. Aaahhh to be a bird, or Bayou's engagement ring......
1.gif

niki

Rough_Rock
Very sweet idea!!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very sweet idea!! as many things in life, it's the thought that counts...and to know that you put that kind of effort and passion into something for her will definitely touch her heart along with the spectacular presentation of the ring itself!
1.gif

Bayou

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice all!! I am not sure if I want to use it for the proposal, I really have not gotten to that yet. The ring is not coming until sometime later in the week if not next.

Does anyone have an idea on what kind of journal I could use? I already atarted one , yet I think I need a change

And yes, if anyone wants to here it, I will post the ring and story after the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results