shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Insurance: Capitol Indemnity Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gardenia2009

Rough_Rock
Has anyone heard of or had experience with Capitol Indemnity Corporation (A.M. Best rating A, financial size category VIII, outlook stable, member of Alleghany Insurance Holdings)? I would like to insure my engagement ring with a company that will make a cash payment in the amount of the itemized coverage for a total loss. In other words, if the ring is lost/stolen, I will receive a cash payment (no depreciation) so I can purchase a replacement ring at the same store I purchased the original ring at (no requirements by the insurer that I use their vendor).

My first choice would be Chubb. However, my current agent (listed on Chubb''s website) is unable to insure me through Chubb (even though the ring''s value exceeds any minimum requirements I have seen referenced in other posts). This agent says I would need 3 lines of coverage through Chubb. She suggested Capitol as an alternative. Once I receive the GIA report and appraisal, I will contact Touchstone to see what they can do re Chubb. However, I would still like to compare Chubb''s rates with another insurer. Any other recommendations? My homeowners'' insurer is not an option, because the company requires the insured to replace the ring through the company''s vendor at the appraised value at the time of loss. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results