shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
my best friend is in LOVE with this ring and her FI had been saving up to get it. unfortunately, someone else had the same idea because it''s now sale pending, so he''s looking for one like it from somewhere else. anyone seen anything like it at a reasonable price? thanks so much!

here''s a pic on here, too, for anyone who prefers not following links...

rg2314-3.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what the price was?

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Any number of well regarded jewelers can custom make something to look like this. Whiteflash comes to mind, as does Wink and others. It depends on the budget and specs.

PS - found the old link with the price of $2500 bucks.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If there is a stock setting available like that one, I would have thought it could easily be done for that budget and probably with a bigger/better stone.

Custom would probably be pushing it a bit for something that detailed.

Will have a look and see if I can price up some stones.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much, you guys! i don''t know a DARNED thing about sapphires, so i really don''t know how to help the guy out. she loves the pink, and he''s wanting to get her a ring that he could propose with soon with a more economical gem that can be upgraded to a nice diamond later, so the setting on this ring was great. i really appreciate the help--i can search for shoes all day long, but this is just not my forte!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is something that is kind of similar and still in the same price range. link

Honestly, that sapphire doesn''t look like the best quality. It looks like it has a lot of dust on it or a lot of tiny inclusions. Plus with a "Barion" (?) cut she''d have a harder time trying to find a diamond to fit in it. With the cushion shaped sapphire on the one I linked to, it should be a lot easier to find a diamond to fit those specs.

And while the sapphire is smaller (.77 compared to 1.19) the diamond weight is higher (.39 compared to .16). Anyway-tell her that there is plenty more stuff out there and that she doesn''t need to worry!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
FREKE, YOU FRIGGIN'' ROCK!!!!! i sent that exact link to the man. this may be a reeeeally stupid question, but how do diamond stats compare with sapphires as far as resetting that ring in the future would go? would she just need to find a diamond with close to the same dimensions as the sapphire? hey, i warned you guys that i know NOTHING of sapphires, haha!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I know it should be pretty easy. Diamonds are a lot more common than Sapphires it seems. I Pricescoped for diamonds and came up with a few that are very similar in dimensions (5.87 x 5.10) with G color and VS2 clarity. They come out to be about .90cts, perhaps just a little under. I think it would be pretty easy.

And thank you.
9.gif

vslover

Shiny_Rock
The original ring is still showing as available for special order...so seems like he could still get that one for her if he/she wants it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results