shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help!!

nicknorris

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post as i'm just looking for a bit of help and guidance on finding the perfect diamond to go with a band that my future fiancée (hopefully!!) will be happy with!!

As I said I have found a band that I know she wants so its just about finding the best possible diamond for it. The band is on the jamesallen website and can be seen below, its the PLATINUM BYPASS ENGAGEMENT RING SKU:17946P seen here http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-regal-halo-engagement-ring-item-17354

ideally I'm looking to spend in total around USD $3,000 on the stone. With the price of the band on top of that. What I want to be able to get is a stone that looks to the naked eye clean, crisp and "sparkles". As you can tell, my knowledge and terminology is rather limited which I hope you will excuse me for!

Any help, advice and guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyIntense|1445217144|3939707 said:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.74-carat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-696650

True hearts and arrows, AGS graded, almost flawless, and highest near colorless grade.
Very nice specs!

nicknorris

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Many thanks for helping me out!! It seems like the more i look, the more questions i find myself having!!

I notice that you have picked a true heart cut but the colour is a G colour. I had been looking at D colour as thought that is the rating that gave it the most sparkle!?!

From here though i have also seen that a diamond can be considered cloudy to look at, is that the case with any of these diamonds you have selected?

Im sorry for being so poor at this guys and your help, advice and time you have spent really is appreciated.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicknorris|1445257605|3939807 said:
Hi all,

Many thanks for helping me out!! It seems like the more i look, the more questions i find myself having!!

I notice that you have picked a true heart cut but the colour is a G colour. I had been looking at D colour as thought that is the rating that gave it the most sparkle!?!

From here though i have also seen that a diamond can be considered cloudy to look at, is that the case with any of these diamonds you have selected?

Im sorry for being so poor at this guys and your help, advice and time you have spent really is appreciated.
Colour does not = sparkle. A D colour will just look icy white. A G is still incredibly white. Moving toward an I, J or K you will start to see a hint of yellow (or brown/grey).

Sparkle is determined by cut - so you want a really well cut diamond!

A cloudy diamond is usually caused by a cloud inclusion or by fluorescence making it look hazy/milky. The ones above look excellent and you wouldn't need to worry about that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results