shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help

Bulty

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking for awhile and was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm shopping for a Round Brilliant, H or I color, eye clean, GIA rated, excellent cut, and under $15k.

I was able to take a trip to Solomon Brothers and check out some diamonds in person, which was a first to me. I went in looking at 1.5 carat diamonds with a little bit better quality than listed above, but after seeing some closer to 2 I think I'd like forgo some quality for a little bit more size. Unfortunately, they didn't have many diamonds onsite that fit my requirements so I went back online to their site and found the following: http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/ind...tVerification&reportno=1106452313&weight=2.16

I called and asked if it was eye clean and after Solomon Bros. called the dealer I was assured it was eye clean. How does everything else look? Am I on the right track? Is this a good price?

I appreciate all the help!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Bulty|1304090414|2907952 said:
I've been lurking for awhile and was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm shopping for a Round Brilliant, H or I color, eye clean, GIA rated, excellent cut, and under $15k.

I was able to take a trip to Solomon Brothers and check out some diamonds in person, which was a first to me. I went in looking at 1.5 carat diamonds with a little bit better quality than listed above, but after seeing some closer to 2 I think I'd like forgo some quality for a little bit more size. Unfortunately, they didn't have many diamonds onsite that fit my requirements so I went back online to their site and found the following: http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/ind...tVerification&reportno=1106452313&weight=2.16

I called and asked if it was eye clean and after Solomon Bros. called the dealer I was assured it was eye clean. How does everything else look? Am I on the right track? Is this a good price?

I appreciate all the help!

numbers look good. can you see it in person to determine if it is eye-clean to your requirements? also it is an older report, maybe ask if it was a trade-in?

Bulty

Rough_Rock
I should be able to see it in person before purchasing, but I didn't want to request it if the specs were off or if the price seemed bad.

I think I'll go ahead and have them ship it to the store so I can take a look. It appears that the HCA is 0.9. I've read that <2 is best, but how do diamonds differ under 2. Is 0.9 too low? Does it lose some brilliance at this low number?

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
it is preference at that point.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results