shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help - Opinion needed on a GIA XXX MRB

candycane0624

Rough_Rock
After months of reading and researching Pricescope, I'm close to purchasing a round stone with a PS vendor. I would appreciate a second opinion on the stone I've selected. This stone scored a 2.6 on the HCA, but is this is worth considering based on the attached ASET and Idealscope images? Are there any detectable light performance issues given the slightly deeper than ideal stone? Also, should I ask more questions about the surface graining?

Specs:
CA: 35.5, PA: 40.8
56% Table, 62.1% Length
50% Star, 75% LH
Medium - Slightly Thick Girdle 3.5%
Strong Blue Fluorescence - confirmed by vendor to have no hazy impact
VS2 clarity based on pinpoint, twinning wisp, pinpoints, and surface graining

Thanks in advance!

6399261_-_ideal_scope.jpg
screen_shot_2015-12-16_at_10_0.png
screen_shot_2015-12-16_at_10.png 6399261.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always ask if there is anything I should be aware of related to clarity of a VS2 or lower stone. But I suspect the answer will be no. The ASET and the IS are strong. I'd buy it. It's a lovely stone. Good pick.

HCA is a rough rejection tool. Not a selection tool. The actual stone images with the IS and ASET trump every time. So, go forth and forget about the HCA score on this stone.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
If that stone didn't have a pre loaded ASET or IS the HCA would've had us rejecting that stone.

I think ASET should become the industry standard along with magnified image for online buying. And get rid of everything proportions based cut scores. Nothing can beat visuals.

candycane0624

Rough_Rock
Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results