shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring for the LOML! Need help.

livefast_dieold

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamond Community.
I'm having the hardest time. Trying to get something very special for an engagement.
With all of your help, I have decided a clarity enhanced is likely not the route I want to take, but I really like this ring.

Trying to spend under $14K. It is fine if the carats is closer to 1.5. I would be willing to go to a SI1, but want a solid color.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @livefast_dieold

Just a few questions...
Has your GF mentioned she wants a pear-shaped diamond?

What exactly do you like about this setting? We might be able to find something similar but not sure about the exact ring.
You can go custom but that is more work...

livefast_dieold

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. Yes, she has insisted that a pear shaped is the diamond she wants.
She has mentioned hidden halos a few times. Not a requirement, but I do like the look of this one. I like how it curves upwards and the bottom side curves downwards. It would look great to put a wedding band around. @tyty333

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked around to see if I could find a similar setting. Do you like any of these?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked around to see if I could find a similar setting. Do you like any of these?

these are sooooo much better and nicer than the one OP posted, especially becasue he can find a high quality pear to go in the center. My personal favorite is the 1st because it feels edgy but classy.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify, do you also need help finding a main stone? The one you posted seems to come with the diamond included in the $9K+ price. Does that site set outside stones? Other than a hidden halo, has she mentioned other features that she likes? Have you gone shopping together or does she want a complete surprise?

Pear settings are all over the place, and I'm asking so we can more effectively help. Excited for you!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
these are sooooo much better and nicer than the one OP posted, especially becasue he can find a high quality pear to go in the center. My personal favorite is the 1st because it feels edgy but classy.

I agree, I love the first one. For a fancy shape, which can be hard to assess visually if you have not seen a lot, I would recommend working with a vendor who can help you pick out a great one. I would suggest Diamonds by Lauren--David is super nice and easy to work with, and he specializes in fancy shapes/colors. Here is an example from his website, but he can bring in basically anything you are looking for. He found me a yellow heart to match one I already had...quick and easy.

livefast_dieold

Rough_Rock
Just to clarify, do you also need help finding a main stone? The one you posted seems to come with the diamond included in the $9K+ price. Does that site set outside stones? Other than a hidden halo, has she mentioned other features that she likes? Have you gone shopping together or does she want a complete surprise?

Pear settings are all over the place, and I'm asking so we can more effectively help. Excited for you!

I have reached out to the site to check. Waiting on a response to see if they can use an outside diamond or another one they have in stock.

We have looked at diamonds together. She likes the hidden halo, white gold, and the pear, but other than that she wants it to be a surprise.

Thank you all so much for your help!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have reached out to the site to check. Waiting on a response to see if they can use an outside diamond or another one they have in stock.

We have looked at diamonds together. She likes the hidden halo, white gold, and the pear, but other than that she wants it to be a surprise.

Thank you all so much for your help!

I wouldn't go with that company, because they aren't showing pics of actual diamonds. They are showing stock photos of diamonds, and what you get from them could be a total disaster.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked the FAQ comments to see if they would sell just the setting but couldnt find anything.

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
also keep in mind that 2.5 is the TOTAL wt, including all those small diamonds; the center stone says .5 ct. I would NOT wear that ring setting on an everyday basis.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results