shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring decision...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlexHatcher

Rough_Rock
ive come down to two possible candidates. i realize that the emerald cut isn''t exactly traditional but my father got my mother once for anniversary gift and its quite remarkable to stare at. at any rate, i would like to hear some opinions on which of the two to get...

cut: emerald
clarity: VS2
wieght: 1.02ct.
color: I

-----OR-----

cut: emerald
clarity: VS2
wieght: .82ct.
color: F

thnx in advance
41.gif

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
I would try to ask someone like her mother that might know about her Taste if you dont want to ask her first.
Also Always go for the larger stone when the quality is similar. Trust me on this one.
I went through this with my Fiance and nearly everyone else i talk to Including all the Woem working at Tiffany said the same thing.

When you hold them next to each other you may barely be able to percieve the quality difference with the naked eye. Most likely you wont be able to. Also
You will Definatly be able to see the difference between those two sizes. From my Experience you cannot go wrong with the 1.02 carat over the .82 carat.
Guys brag about thier Cars etc, Women have their Diamonds.

han001

Rough_Rock
Hi Alex - welcome to PS! Do you have any pictures of the stones, or have you seen them in person? Also, do you have any of the stone''s stats, like table, crown, and depth %? Emeralds can be difficult to judge just off the numbes, so you really want to be able to see pictures before you choose.

Also, one thing you might want to consider is the first stone''s I color. Color is really a personal choice (some are less color sensitive than others), but emeralds tend to show more warmth than other cuts, so if you can, I would take a look at the two stone''s together and see what you prefer.

Hope this helps!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Emeralds when well cut are are beautiful but there is really not enough information to make a decsion on either.

Pictures, ASET''s would be a good start :).

You might also want to ask admin to move this to rocky talk where the folk there can help you better :).

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
If the I is a great I, I will go with the larger one.
28.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 11:55:18 PM
Author: gaby06
If the I is a great I, I will go with the larger one.
28.gif

Is that your ring in the avatar? When will you post pics of that baby? (sorry for the thread hijack)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results