shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring cost, advice welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acave22

Rough_Rock
I am researching an engagement ring and have a few guidelines:

Setting and configuration: 3 stone, round cuts (heart and arrow), .6 - .7 carat (not sure of usual increments) center stone with .3 (or close) on each side, 4 prong setting in center with 3 prong triangle hold on either side and a relatively simple, thin platinum band.

What are the usual proportions for a 3 stone configuration?

Clarity: SI1 or better
Color: H or better
Cut: Round cuts with heart and arrow configuration as mentioned above.

Budget: 3500 to 4000 $
Any help would be appreciated and information/suggestions on if I’m actually able to meet this criteria with my budget... and if not, where is the best place to shed cost.

Thank you!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know the "usual" proportions, but what''s more important is that you and your girlfriend prefer. Some people like the stones to be very close in size, some people prefer them to be much smaller (more of a center stone with sidestones look).

You could try the "design your own ring" applet on adiamondisforever.com to get an idea of the proportions you like!

You''ll probably get a lot more responses in the Rocky Talky forum, it gets a lot more traffic!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In rocky talk forum C3 buttons has a post "A little help with a 1/2 carat diamond" that talks about 3 stone rings.

I''d link this but I don''t know how.

HTH

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
I am big on the rule of thirds. the center should be one third wider than the side stones, the band 2/3 the width of the side stones.

if a .7 is around 6mm that means around 4mm for the side stones and around 2.5-3mm for the band.

or somewhere between a .25-.33 sides.

4k is totally reasonable for a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results