shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement present for a guy? OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I have a question for all of you with an opinion. I am wondering what kind of engagement token a guy would want. I am pretty settled on getting him an ideal cut round .20-.25 carat diamond, but what options do I have as to setting? Can a jeweler set it in more than just a ring? What ideas does anyone have? Also, he loves tension settings, do they come in guys styles? Where can I find someone to create something really special but manly for my sweetie?
Many Thanks to all with opinions!:confused:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/12/2002 1:46:15 PM

Hello! I have a question for all of you with an opinion.

Hmm...there is an old saying...opinions are like ____, everyone's got one!"
:bigsmile:

O.K., silliness aside, there are plenty of masculine rings out there and lots of jewelers who also do custom settings. Where are you located? Is there a good custom jeweler in your area?

Here is a link where you can view Gelin and Abaci tension settings: http://www.mickyroof.com/mr_gai26.html

Steven Kretchmer is a well-respected designer of tension settings, but I think you have to call to find a local dealer if you want to see much of what he has available. Actually, they may have sent me a small brochure once. I would be very careful with allowing other jewelers to make a true tension mounting for you.

I think you could also do a great, heavy link/i.d.-type plate sort of bracelet for him. Maybe engrave it on the back. You can see all my technical jewelry vocabulary at work here! :)

I think you could also do a similar idea in a pendant/necklace.

Steve Livingston at www.demsjewelers.com has an excellent bench jeweler who has made some amazing custom pieces. They are extremely nice, honest, knowledgable and competent. When he has time, Steve posts here as "stevl".

The possibilities really are endless.

Keep us posted. :)

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's another idea, Jax174. The picture didn't post!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results