shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Pictures

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We're getting our engagement pictures taken this weekend and I need some help on finding a good 'look'. How did/do you pick out your outifts? We're having our pictures taken outside on SO's family farm (where he proposed and where we're getting married). We're both pretty laid back, so nothing to fru-fru. How do we coordinate but not look 'matchy'? I'm a redhead, so no bright reds/pinks or oranges.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stacy-I would just pick something that you are comfortable in (jeans and a nice top/sweater?) as far as clashing I wouldn't worry too much...we had pics in two outfits, one more dressy, one more casual. For the casual I wore a black sweater and jeans and he wore a brown sweater-it looked fine. I think the main thing is to not have clashing prints.

here are some examples of our outfits

epic66.jpg
epic38.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Your pictures looked great and didn't have that 'oh, they tried too hard' feel. phew, it IS possible lol :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, definitely possible! Maybe try to stick with same color family (so neutral tones, or warmer tones, or both bright colors...) but I don't think you need to go out of your way to match.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We also did one dress outfit (him in dress pants and a blue button down, me in a red and white print dress) and one casual outfit (both in jeans, him in a green polo and me in a white top). I think it's a great way to get some variety in your shots. A friend of mine did her engagement pictures on her FI's family farm as well, and she wore a sundress and cowboy boots and he wore a flannel with rolled-up sleeves and jeans. They look FABULOUS. Just make sure you're wearing something that's "you" and that you're COMFORTABLE moving around in (because kissing your hubby-to-be and making googly eyes at him in front of the camera can be nerve-wracking enough as it is) and you'll be fine.

BTW, you can check out my e-pics here.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I really appreciate the input!

vc10um, LOVED the pictures! Very real and cute :)

Gypsy, thank you for the links! I loved some of the greens that you choose and I agree that they're flattering on a redhead! Woohoo! I'm probably going to the mall tomorrow of Friday evening, so I will try to get into a J. Crew or Banana Republic to check out some of their outfits.

Now...what should he wear? lol...he is normally a tee shirt, jeans and sneakers kind of guy, but when he does dress up, he looks amazing! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
He'll be dressed up for the wedding. For me, I wanted a contrast between my engagement and wedding pics and I wanted a more everyday look that captured "us" without the glitz and glam we would have for the wedding day.

I'd pick nice jeans and a shirt that is very "him" but maybe dressed up a little (a collar if he doesn't normally wear one maybe).

Something like these might be a nice compromise-- a polo shirt but a modern one that's youthful and not uptight:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tommy-bahama-salerno-slub-polo/3255054?origin=category

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/7-for-all-mankind-slub-polo/3255057?origin=category

I'd stick to solids for him though, no patterns (and same for you too honestly).

Can't wait to see your pics.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I am definitely doing something a little less formal for the engagement pictures. I'm having our offical engagement pictures done by our wedding photographer, but my cousin is trying to build up her portfolio so she asked if she can take some also. BONUS!! :appl:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
For our engagement pics, I let my fiancé pick out his own outfits. I think we sort of clashed in the more casual ones (I posted them on here if you want to see), but it could have been worse haha. So we ended up just looking sort of like "us" - me in a carefully-accesorized bright-colored sundress and him in something that was barely matching but hopefully clean :). I think it's good to look nice and pretty, but you can also let your individuality shine through :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Atp223, that sounds like the smartest option. General FI likes pretty much all things I buy for him (I try to buy for him, not for me!), so I think he'd do a pretty good job! Besides, why shoudl all this responsibilty be on me?? I'm not that much of a control freak lol...I would love to see the pictures, by the way!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
If I had thought about it more in advance, I may have tried to exercise more control...but I didn't think about it and we had to get up at 4:45 am to be ready for a crack of dawn shoot (I wanted cherry blossoms). And at 5 am I could not bring myself to process thoughts related to his outfit. It's good you are thinking about it ahead of time!

Our pics are here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/highlights-from-cherry-blossom-engagement-photo-shoot.173347/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/highlights-from-cherry-blossom-engagement-photo-shoot.173347/[/URL]

You'll have to let us know what you decide to wear, and post yours whenever you get them back!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Atp, I actually saw your pictures and LOVED them! He looks pretty put together, so I don't think you made the wrong choice in having him choose :)
I'm actually in MD and we're getting married on FI's family's farm in Jefferson, MD. I will surely post some pictures form the shoot...I just hope to have the pictures back quickly!! :razz:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Pedicure is done (purple with little white polka dots, which is a very Stacy thing!) and manicure is happening after work. I'm stoked about tomorrow, so here is hoping for great weather and fabulous pictures :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We got our sneak peeks back and I am DELIGHTED with how they have turned out thus far! Oh man, to wait 2-3 weeks for the remaining pictures will be a drag!

pic 1.png

pic 2.png

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
So cute! I love them. Congrats!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
How cute are you? They look great! I hope you'll get the rest of them sooner than you think!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Blacksand! My photographer is also a freelance writer, so as long as she does not have looming deadlines, chances are good that I'll have them sooner :)

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh you guys are adorable! Can't wait to see the rest!!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I found another one that I forgot to add! I specifically asked for several lower body and foot shots...this one is just adorable to me!

pic 3.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
She sent me three more! I don't know if I like the fact that they're slowly trickling in, or if I would rather just wait and have them all at once!!

pic 5.jpg

pic 6.jpg

pic 7.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congrats! Such lovely pics! Pretty hair and scarf too!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I LOVE that scarf and decided a picture wouldn't be complete without my signature accessory (I have a ridiculous number of scarves lol) I did get our engagement pictures back and I LOVE them! I have my favorites below!

D&S.jpg

D&S11.jpg

D&S18.jpg

D&S20.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results