shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Party *WITH PICS*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
This past Saturday we had our engagement party/ornament shower and it was sooo much fun!!! My parent''s hosted it and the house was beautifully decorated and the food was delish! My dad made way too much food of course, but we''ve been enjoying left overs all week.

After dinner and visiting we opened our gifts and we got so many wonderful Christmas tree ornaments and my parents even got us a few Christmas decorations next year for our house. I love Christmas so I know I''ll have a lot of fun making our home festive. My FMIL/FBIL gave us a joint gift of a mini rosemary Christmas tree with the "Bride''s Tree Ornaments" from Germany. FI is part German so it fit well. There are many different ornaments ranging from a bird, to a rose, to a pine cone even. Each of the ornaments symbolized a different meaning. When I get more time I''ll type out them all for you. All in all it was a lot of fun celebrating with everyone. My Dad gave a toast and it was very special!
30.gif
Now I''m ready for the big day...well not quite, but mentally I''m ready!

P.S. We got NO "First Christmas Together" ornaments surprisingly! I''m thinking everyone thought at least someone would do that and that we didn''t need more then one!

Here''s a few pics to share! Enjoy...

engagementparty 007.jpg

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
mwah!!

engagementparty 008.jpg

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Here was our cake that my Mom surprised us with! It was so adorable. You may not be able to tell but the balls are big ornaments. The top one has our date then the green one had FI's name and the white one had my name (I painted them out of the pic). It was red velvet cake and it was delish! Yummy!

psckae.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, I''m glad your party went well! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. You and your FI are such a cute couple! And you are sooo gorgeous!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What great pics, Rose! You two are so cute. Glad to hear that you had a lovely eparty.

LOVE the cake. yum!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
aw well thx ladies!
28.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful party,
and you 2 make such a cute couple :)

thanks for sharing the pics!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice to see a pic of you two. You make a lovely couple. It was nice of your family to throw you such a great party!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys look beautiful and happy!!! Awesome cake too. I would love to hear what all those ornaments mean, when you have time to tell us!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Brides Tree Ornaments

According to the old German tradition, the
tree of a newlywed couple should include
these twelve ornaments to insure blessing
and happiness for their life together........
An Angel - God''s Guidance in the Home
A Rose - Beauty and Affection
A Rabbit - Hope and Faith
A Teapot - Hospitality
A Pine Cone - Motherhood and Fruitfulness
A Santa - Unselfishness and Goodwill
A House - Shelter and Protection
A Fruit Basket - Generosity
A Bird - Happiness and Joy
A Flower Basket - Good Wishes
A Heart - True Love
A Fish - Christ''s Blessing
The meaning of each ornament is detailed on
the certificate which accompanies the
decorative wooden gift box. This makes a
wonderful gift for the newlywed couple or as
a wedding shower presentation.

This was such a thoughtful gift from FMIL/FBIL. I will always treasure these precious ornaments and their meaning.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
You look so happy! You make a beautiful couple!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
sounds like fun and you two do make a very pretty couple!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi RoseAngel,

Just saw ur pictures, and i just wanna say tt u look so gorgeous and radiant! And of cos, congrats on ur engagement.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results