shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement jewelry in place of a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lim

Rough_Rock
any ideas for a piece of jewelry in lieu of an engagement ring? will wear a wedding band but no E-ring. Want to find something really unique but serious................TIA

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it something you'd always wear?

How do you feel about piercing?

20 years ago my friends got their rings tattooed on their fingers.
It got them on to one of those network morning shows back then.
(Yes they are still married.)

lim

Rough_Rock
i would want to wear it alot. no piercing or tatoos.............i am thinking along of the lines of diamond by the yard. (everyday but a statement) but more distinctive than DBTY

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered having a single important diamond mounted in a custom bracelet, sort of like a solitaire bracelet?

lim

Rough_Rock
yes actually---i was thinking of a thick platinum bangle with a bezel set diamond. but i thought i might wear a necklace more......................

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind you will be able to see the diamond bracelet.
For a necklace you''ll need a mirror.

I''d think as an engagement piece you''d like to be able to glance at it often.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about getting a "fancy" wedding band and a regular wedding band and you could wear them apart or separate. I'm a little biased and love this one
31.gif
: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-5-stone-u-shaped-amazing-wedding-band.54795/

I like kenny's idea of the bracelet as well, or maybe a nice pendant. WF has a pretty bracelet that is white gold with a single stone in the center of it. It's beautiful.

EDIT: I see you wanted it to be in place of a ring...instead of a non-engagement looking type ring. Sorry about that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d choose a solitiare pendant as I wear a pendant all the time but bracelets can get in the way. Check out WhiteFlash for pendants. They have several style settings.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I like the build your own diamond solitaire pendant feature over at bluenile. It''s significant to me to have the man in my life select a diamond just for me (not having it pre-built), and you wouldn''t have to wear it on your finger. I wear a band and no e-ring, too.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
How about a RHR? I like the idea that you could look at it often.

lim

Rough_Rock
the single diamond pendant is growing on me. i like bracelets but they can be annoying (i have several i dont wear). whats a statement size but not too big to hang on a chain?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 mm and up, methinks

I'd prob do an eternity band for engagement and plain band for wedding?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do pendant...I know you can''t see it unless you''re looking in the mirror, but pendants are something I never take off and wear every day, so it would make more sense in my case than a bracelet. A friend of mine has a solitaire pendant just shy of a carat and it looks big and beautiful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pendant idea. It won''t get in the way when you do things with your hands. My friend has a 1ct and it''s very nice.

You might want to go larger if you won''t have an ering. Or go with a fancy shape. Would you want a single stone or other diamonds or colored stones around it?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 12:45:55 AM
Author:lim
any ideas for a piece of jewelry in lieu of an engagement ring? will wear a wedding band but no E-ring. Want to find something really unique but serious................TIA
What type of wedding band are you planning to wear? Diamond or plain? Or both? If I didn''t want a big diamond on my finger, I would get a thick diamond band or stack a few smaller bands with a plain band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results