shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Dreams

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Sooo last night I had a dream that the BF proposed with an "engagement bracelet" and I was PISSED. lol... A couple of weeks ago I had another dream where he was, for whatever reason, withholding my real ering and gave me a super ugly one instead.

Anybody else having crazy engagement dreams? Please don't tell me I'm the only one :roll:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
just like, two nights ago, i dreamed that my BF proposed with the ring we picked out (that i haven't seen yet), and the diamond was bright yellow. in real life, we ended up with an I/SI1, and while I *think* it will be totally fine because I have seen non-ideal I colored diamonds and their color hasn't bothered me, and the ideal I's look totally white to me, I still worry about the inclusions and color all the time - which has clearly manifested itself in my dreams. i'm not saying i'm not crazy, but you're definitely not alone!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
atp223|1323028241|3074021 said:
just like, two nights ago, i dreamed that my BF proposed with the ring we picked out (that i haven't seen yet), and the diamond was bright yellow. in real life, we ended up with an I/SI1, and while I *think* it will be totally fine because I have seen non-ideal I colored diamonds and their color hasn't bothered me, and the ideal I's look totally white to me, I still worry about the inclusions and color all the time - which has clearly manifested itself in my dreams. i'm not saying i'm not crazy, but you're definitely not alone!

Lol, I'd be HAPPY with a bright yellow diamond!! Haha, DBF knows, if it's not H, or above, it'd better be W or below!!

;-)

Yes, I've also had engagement "nightmares". I think it's due to all our extreme "studying", scrutinizing, and obsessing.. But I haven't had any of these nightmares in the last 6 months, since I've "calmed down" a bit.

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I hate these type of dreams!

I had one several months ago and it REALLY bugged me! It started off great with a beautiful, hand carved box arriving at my door while I was eating dinner at my parents house. A man said this is a surprise, don't open the box until the time is right. At this point I KNEW it was finally happening and I was thrilled.

My brother walks in and says follow me to the backyard, and there are a pile of rose petals, so I collect the petals to save and I look back at my house and it's a hotel. I walk into a long hallway of the hotel and I see my bf walking down the hall. He seems nervous and not too happy. He has the box with him and he gets on his knees and says, I'm sorry but this box does not contain your dream ring. I was not able to save enough to get anything close to what we had talked about so this will have to do. I know you're not going to like it, but I just wanted to propose. He opens the box and there is a tarnish setting in the box with a bunch of tiny little unset diamonds of various colors and a pair of tweezers. I'm flabbergasted and so upset. I couldn't believe THIS was my engagement ring! He put the setting on my finger and said go ahead and choose the little diamonds you want and I will set them for you in this setting. I'm shocked so he picks a pinkish one and sets it and the "white" ones are all dull and yellow. I was like, how am I going to show this mess of a ring to my family? I understand you couldn't get something expensive, but at least a pre-made ring would have been nice. This is a MESS. Why is the setting tarnish and the "diamonds" are the size of pin heads! But, of course I accepted and we walking into the backyard where my family was waiting to congratulate us. The End.

So that was my proposal nightmare! :errrr:

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
I have engagement dreams sometimes too! Mine are usually pretty funny, lol. I dream a lot about him hiding the ring in odd places for me to find. Once I dreamed about him hiding it in a baked potato, another time he hid it in a jello mold, one time it was in a ravioli....all of them are always about food and me almost eating it, ha!

I've told me SO about these dreams and he always gets a good laugh. He's also reasurred me that he will not put it in anything that I will be eating given the way that I tend to devour food without chewing it sometimes lol. :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omygoodness. psyd, your dream is. so detailed! the horror!! i'd wake up from tossing and turning, that's for sure.

mrsd, haha, your dreams made me laugh. in a baked potato? that gave me a side thought. someone should totally propose with a children's cereal box, with a ring in the little toy bag.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a dream he proposed under lovely circumstances in a lovely place. I was very sad to wake up.

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Madelise: Yes, it was even more detailed then that, but the whole dream was just a mess. Even though he proposed in the dream, I was relieved to wake up. I know he can do better than that! :bigsmile:

MissStepCut :(( I hate waking up from happy dreams too. Hopefully the dream will turn to reality one day soon!! :))

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
I always have dreams of the proposal, and the wedding... but they're usually always really positive, its not usually about the ring.. but more detail in the proposal and walking down the aisle. (Strange for me because before I met him I never thought about marriage, let alone DREAM about it)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results