shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement cured my nail-biting!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Just a funny note that a few of you might get a kick out-of!

I have been a terrible, terrible nail-biter all of my life. To boot, my hands are literally the smallest hands I (and many of my friends) have ever seen on an adult. Any trips to the nail salon normally result in comments that I either shouldn't bite my poor stubs of nails, or that I have the hands of a midget. Wearing nitrile gloves at work/school has never helped my hands much, either (eek).

FI and were on vacation when he proposed so I had the luck of acrylic fakies to cover up the stubs. When they came off a week after we returned, however, a miracle happened: I stopped wanting to bite my nails! One look at my fantabulous ring and I'm too busy trying to reflect the sun in someone's eye with it.

Anyway, I have braved a very busy finals week and am proud to say that I've kicked the habit! I don't know if it's the happiness that comes with being engaged, the desire to have my hands look as lovely as the ring they're wearing (or rather, to avoid the embarrassment of my nails when people want to see the ring!)... I have even begun painting my nails on a regular basis, and have mastered the art of a french tip (my nails have tips to french!)!

Anyone else managed to up the upkeep on their nails since getting engaged? Or pulled off some other self-improvement? I thought it'd be interesting to see if anyone else is a "changed woman" since the question was popped. :Up_to_something:

gls

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on kicking the habit!

Im not a nail biter myself but FI is and since getting engaged he too has just suddenly kicked the habit. I would be interested to see if anyone else has done or heard of the same, could be something there!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I've always been a huge nailbiter and I've stopped for the post part over the last year. I do, however, still bite my cuticles (gross, I know).

For the first couple months of the engagement I'd say I stopped too, but it's back. Whoops! My nails are still nice and long, but as soon as the cuticles start to grow out in between manicures (especially if they appear dry) I start picking and then biting, and then picking.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
mrswahs|1305461691|2922244 said:
I've always been a huge nailbiter and I've stopped for the post part over the last year. I do, however, still bite my cuticles (gross, I know).

For the first couple months of the engagement I'd say I stopped too, but it's back. Whoops! My nails are still nice and long, but as soon as the cuticles start to grow out in between manicures (especially if they appear dry) I start picking and then biting, and then picking.

Actually-- I just gave it some more thought and I realized that all the biting is now concentrated to the right hand. I guess I need to get some right-hand bling!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Also a lifelong nail biter here. Unfortunately, engagement did not cure me of the habit. That's why I like to wear polish all the time, but I just haven't been motivated the last couple months to wear it. We have engagement photos coming up in less than a month now though, so that's been my motivation to stop recently.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results