shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement and Wedding Traditions around the World

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
New journal article by Diane Ferraro - Engagement and Wedding Traditions around the World

Diane-thank you for your contribution.

What traditions do you plan to celebrate at your wedding? Share your cultural or family traditions, or post your question about a tradition origin.

danyhutch

Rough_Rock
Hey! I'm new here! I'm german and married 10 years ago my US Soldier. I live here in the US now for 6 years!!! In germany for the most time the wedding rings are very, very plain. A band and that is it. Boring, isn't it!!!! The germans wear their ring on the right hand (???). I think the left side is closer to the heart and has a meanning to it! Well, so you guys can only guess what happened when i seen all the beautyfull e-rings and w-bands (went crazt :shock: ) So, after my 8th upgrade i found my set. For the wedding.....the only thing what would be different is the bridal shower. We don't have that in germany (we don't have a baby shower either :(( ).

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
No bridal or baby showers for Greeks either. And the wedding band is also placed on the right hand at the wedding. DH and I changed ours over to the left hand as soon as the ceremony was over :D

dofseo

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,

I am newbie here, i read all post i like you all, i am married last year without any ring..

Thanks

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Here in Hong Kong, the wedding rings are the most important piece of jewelry in the marriage.

Women here don't wait for the bf to give us diamonds :snore: we know we deserve fine things in life so most of us treat ourselves to blings, which is why you will see women of all ages/marital status wearing various sizes diamond rings in HK :naughty: I must say there is definitely a growing trend for engagement ring though (probably influence from the west?)

As to design, the most popular is definitely RB white diamond solitaire.

Eva

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results