shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Here''s how I spent the money I saved on my beautiful diamond from Good Old Gold.

Saturday morning my (now) fiancee and I drove to LAX where we boarded a plane to Oakland. We were picked up from the airport in a Lincoln Towncar and driven to the Claremont Resort & Spa in Berkeley where I had booked a deluxe room with a view of the entire San Francisco bay.

From our room we could see the Oakland skyline, the Bay Bridge, the San Francisco skyline, the Golden Gate, and Marin. I had a one hour massage scheduled for my fiancee in the afternoon at the Claremont. While she was at the spa I was able to assemble a bag full of presents for her. (Since her birthday is this week, she was under the assumption that she was getting the royal treatment for her birthday.)

In the evening I told her we were going for a picnic and I ordered a wonderful meal from Gregoire''s takeout in Berkeley''s Gourmet Ghetto. (Outstanding! Alice Waters eats at this guy''s restaurant and if you are ever in the East Bay I can''t recommend it enough).

At the appropriate time, a white stretch limo picked us up at the Claremont and drove us to Gregoire''s where I picked up our dinner. The limo then took us up to Tilden Park above Berkeley and we drove to a secluded picnic area and had an intimate picnic for two surrounded by pine trees.

After dinner, I broke out the ring and told her I''d been looking for her my whole life and wanted her to be my wife. She accepted my proposal!

We then descended down out of Tilden Park (with a sunset view of the bay out the window of the limo) onto Cal Berkeley campus where NORAH JONES was playing at the Greek Theatre! I sprang the reserved seating concert tickets on her right before the limo rolled up to front of the theatre.

We watched the unbelievably amazing Norah Jones show and the limo was waiting outside the concert and we were able to drive around Berkeley and Oakland in the limo for awhile drinking champagne before being dropped back off at the Claremont.

In the morning we had breakfast delivered to the room. We were supposed to take the Towncar back to Oakland International, but the driver rolled up in the white stretch again and drove us back to the airport in the limo! (Boss Limousines, LLC, in San Francisco/Oakland, HIGHLY recommended).

What a weekend!

And frankly, I couldn''t have afforded to do it if I hadn''t been able to save literally thousands of dollars by getting the ring from Jonathan. THANK YOU GOOD OLD GOLD!

Thanks also to RockDoc for his outstanding appraisal services!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
RB: Sounds like you made a weekend she will never forget!

Congrats on your engagement, and congrats on your smart purchase. Don't forget pics!!!

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Sounds outstanding! Muey Congrats!

I am proposing this coming Sunday. So hopefully I will have good news to report as well.

Looking forward to ring pics. Congrats and may yuo two have a long, healthy and happy life together!

appl.gif
9.gif
1.gif

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Good luck with your proposal, SoonToBe. Let me tell you, I don't think I really realized how much stress and anxiety I was going through to make sure my proposal went off without a hitch. (Believe me, the checklist was enormous). I feel more relaxed and rested today than I have in weeks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY what an amazing and touching story! Hope the weather was okay for you up in Berkeley, we had weird weather in the South Bay this weekend with a few sprinkles of rain (rain is unheard of in the Bayarea from May-October!!).

The story and situation sounds great...pictures pictures!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you & Best Wishes to your fiancee!

Pics please!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I second Fire & Ice about the pictures..........

Congratulations and touching story........

-Josh
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results