shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Well ladies...he popped the question on Friday so of course I said "yes"! :love:

For a quick background story to the actual engagement:

Our anniversary was Friday August 19th. He surprised me with a mini-vacation to Solvang, one of our favorite So-Cal wine country destinations. My family was unusually casual and blase about the whole thing, which gave me a little panic. Maybe he wasn't going to propose on the trip? Maybe he was throwing me off intentionally...I was a little nervous!

Ok, now on to the engagement story!

Our first stop after we had lunch at our favorite breakfast stop was the Santa Ynez Mission. I love that place, it is so beautiful and the history behind it is fascinating. There happened to be monks there at the mission so he used this as an excuse to explore the ground behind the mission instead of actually going inside to look around first. We ended wandering to the very back part of the mission toward a private road. It had a beautiful view of the Santa Ynez Valley. I love parking at the mission and just looking at the beautiful rolling green hills and being able to hear absolute silence. So we stop at the top of this road and and looked for awhile at the beautiful view. He then gave me a big bear hug and told me how happy we was that it was our anniversary and how much he loves me and that he's so grateful he met me and that I came into his life. He then went on to give me a few kisses and smooth back my hair and said that he is so happy we get along so well, just like best friends and that he just wanted to know if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I honestly though that IF he were to propose on our anniversary he would do it before or after dinner since we would be all dressed up, so in that way he DID totally surprise me. However when he smoothed my hair back and looked me in the eyes I saw a "look" and in my mind I was like "omg...is he going to propose now??" so when he asked me if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him I was like "Oh, yes of course!" so he got down on one knee and said something to the effect (and don't quote me!) of "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and call you my wife" (clearly when your in the moment and he gets down on one knee you kind of forget the actual wording!) and he pulled out the ring box and opened it and I almost went weak in the knees. The ring was FAR more beautiful than I even thought it would turn out. It is SO sparkly and the sapphire has such life in different lights.

He slipped the ring on my finger and we were engaged! It was such a peaceful place and an intimate moment, just the type of proposal my love would think of.

We are SO happy and excited :D Here are some pics we were able to grab with our camera phones. I intend to take better pictures with my digital camera once I get the hang of jewelry photography, lol. The pictures from the phone just do not do it justice. Under the restaurant lighting, the diamonds looked like they were on fire and we got lots of compliments from everyone. We even got lots of free glasses of wine when we went tasting after because when the pourers complimented me on my ring he proudly told everyone that we just got engaged and they would all start clapping and congratulating us telling me "he did good!"

So here are the pictures that I have for now
photo-16_0.jpg

photo-15.jpg

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful and it is a very sweet story!!

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love the color on your sapphire! Can't wait to see more pics!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your beautiful ring.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Love the ring! It's beautiful!! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations- please tell us more about that beautiful ring!!!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Congrats!

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
That is such a wonderful story. Your rings is just beautiful! It sounds like a magical moment!

Congratulations,
Alice

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Amazing story!!! Congrats and beautiful ring! :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - beautiful ring!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! I will try to get some better pictures this week. As my friends and family who saw the facebook posts and then saw it in "real life" said that the pictures just to do not do it justice because it's so sparkly!

Quick facts about the ring: 2.5 carat vintage cushion cut sapphire in a solid white gold halo setting with 138 diamonds total. We are going to have it appraised and insured this month.

Thank you ladies again for your support and congratulations! :appl:

sjm

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!! Beautiful Story and Beautiful Ring!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :appl: such a sweet proposal and your ring is gorgeous :love: cant wait for more pics!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and I love your ring! I've always wanted a blue sapphire engagement ring.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Your ring is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more photos! Just FYI, to get good shots make sure your camera is turned to 'macro' mode--it took me a little while to figure that out ;P

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ering!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring! My birthstone is sapphire, and I've never been a fan, until I saw your ring. Congratulations!!! :appl:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much ladies! Very kind of everyone :)

@Duck Loving Vegan-Thank you! I always wanted one since I was little :) I like doing things a little different :naughty:

@Tuffyluvr Thank you! Your useful camera tip will save me many hours of frustration I'm sure!

@wishful dreamer, Yay! I'm glad I turned you into a fan ;-)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back to admire your beautiful jewel again ;-)

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Solvang is such an adorable place to get engaged and your proposal sounds lovely!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
@tuffyluvr feel free to look all you want!! Still need to get some better pics!

@Ganesha thank you! Solvang and the surrounding areas hold so many special memories for us, and it really was a lovely moment in a beautiful place :)

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! I :love: your ring- it's gorgeous.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
A few new pics, I still have to get some in outdoor lighting.

photo-17_0.jpg Side view

ering2.copy.jpg way zoomed in

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Loving this ring! Keep the pictures coming!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Eep! Congrats. I was away and missed this post entirely. Your Sapphire is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results