shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Well, ladies, I am actually engaged!! He proposed last Tuesday night, but we flew out to California the next morning at 6am, so I had no time to post the story and pics before we left, and I didn't have access to my computer with the pictures until we got home late last night. When I say I had no idea it was happening that day, I mean I had NO IDEA...which is pretty impressive that he was able to surprise me like that since I knew it was coming soon. Alright, so here's the story, which is very long, so sorry about that :loopy: :

He emailed me Tuesday afternoon from work and asked me if I wanted to go meet some friends at Grimaldi's, a famous pizzeria in Brooklyn that we haven't been to, which involves walking across the Brooklyn Bridge or taking the subway under the bridge. He told me he thought we should walk the bridge to get there since it was a nice night, but he included other details about the other guys meeting us, so I did not at all think anything fishy was going on. When he got home from work, he was telling me all about one of the guys we were going to meet, so any fleeting hope that he was going to propose went out the window, and I actually got pretty disappointed. He told me later he could tell and figured it played to his advantage because I would think that anything sweet he did was to cheer me up, which is exactly how it played out. So, we made our way to the bridge, and it was a beautiful night with the sun close to setting over the water and boats cruising under the bridge. About halfway across the bridge, I had the thought that he and I were taking a romantic walk across the Brooklyn Bridge on a beautiful night and he wasn't going to propose and I couldn't believe he wasn't using this opportunity, but I managed to still enjoy the walk. After the bridge, he said he would like to see the Promenade, a park by the water in Brooklyn with a great view of the city. We walked a scenic tree-lined path toward the water, and when the path opened up at the water, there was a breathtaking view of the city skyline with the sun setting. He put his arm around me, grabbed my shoulder and said "let's stop here." He was being so sweet, but I STILL had no idea because I figured he was trying to make me feel better since I was bummed out earlier. Next thing I knew, though, he was on one knee with the most beautiful ring I had ever seen in his hand! He asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes. I was so surprised - I was still so confused because I thought we were going to meet his friends for pizza! He told me we had other plans, and he had a limo waiting with champagne to take us to our favorite restaurant closer to home, where they had roses and a champagne toast waiting. It was complete perfection. To top it off, we flew to San Diego to visit his brother and girlfriend the next morning, and they made the weekend an engagement celebration. His brother surprised us with an overnight winery stay in Southern California as an engagement gift, which was amazing. So, we got to extend the proposal for a few days and bask in the engagement glow, which was really special.

Ok, on to the bling! I had showed him what I like when we went shopping, and I showed him a setting on Blue Nile that I thought I liked. At that point, he told me he wanted to help pick out the ring, and he knew now what I liked from ring shopping so he wanted me to let him take it from there. Well, I am SO glad that I did. He apparently spent hours poring over the options and did not end up buying the one setting I had showed him (BN Nouveau) but instead picked out the perfect setting (BN Pave). I knew right away it was different because my ring is a low cathedral setting while the other was not, and I was immediately in love with it. I had never looked at cathedrals and had told him I didn't care either way whether it was cathedral or not, but I had no idea how much I would love them! The cathedral part is actually my favorite part of the setting. He told me he got really into the process after I introduced him to BN, and he really enjoyed it. I absolutely love that he put so much time and effort into the process to pick out the perfect ring for me, which it absolutely is. It's also so cute now how proud of it he is - we find that both of us can't stop staring at my ring finger. Oh, and why it took so long (if you read my other post) - he got the ring a month ago, and has been trying to do it ever since, but I have only been in town for about 10 days of that month and every one of those days it has rained. He was getting so worried that it wouldn't happen before our California trip and was then planning to bring it out there to do it. Luckily, it worked out perfectly, though.

Ok, details I know you're waiting for if you've read this far - thanks for that by the way :) .
Center stone: 1.4
Setting: .5
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Finger size: 3.75

Thank you ladies so much for all the support that helped me stay sane through my pre-engagement period!!! You all have been wonderful. :D DUST TO EVERYONE!!!!

Here are some pictures - I included one of the spot where he proposed and then ring shots of course. :wink2:

photo%20(4)_2.jpg

photo_29.jpg

photo%20(3)_3.jpg

photo%20(6)_0.jpg

photo%20(20).jpg

ring%202_0.jpg

photo%20(2)_5.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful proposal! Beautiful ring! Beautiful skyline!!! Congrats!!!

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I am so happy for you. The proposal sounds amazingly sweet and he was so sneaky about it too. So that's the little beauty that was hiding inside that ring box. Congrtulations wwmd8118!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a glorious proposal weekend! He picked out a fantastic ring and it looks perfect on your hand.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The Promenade in Brooklyn is lovely and the view of the Manhattan skyline is stunning. So happy for you that you got engaged before the California trip and were able to extend that into a wonderful engagement celebration. Your ring is beautiful!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl: What an amazing proposal and a gorgeous ring!!! It looks so huge on your finger!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! So exciting! Sounds like a beautiful night.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :appl: the ring is gorgeous and your proposal story is so sweet - and awesome that you got to extend it for a weekend :love: cant wait for a SMTB thread :cheeky:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ! I am so glad you love your ring, its beautiful and your proposal was so romantic and totally worth the wait :) ! And to be able to continue the celebration in cali must have been really wonderful :)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I've been keeping an eye out for your engagement thread. I love your proposal story and your ring is gorgeous! We'll be going to BWW together because I got engaged one day after you :bigsmile:.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations on the engagment and such a stunning ring!!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, everybody!!!! I'm very happy about the way things worked out...and I'm proof that it WILL happen!!! :lol: Seriously, I had some pretty low times of LIW-itis over the last year, and it was hard to keep it together at times. Now that I'm engaged I realize that it was soooo worth the wait. I can't believe now that over the last few months, while I was convinced he wasn't doing anything toward an engagement and was growing resentfuI, he was actually planning an amazing proposal. I feel a bit guilty that I felt that way while he was planning something so perfect, but, hey, how was I supposed to know? :loopy: So, if you're ever in the throes of LIW-itis, try to calm down and remember that he loves you and when the time is right, he is going to make it super special for you. Again, dust to everyone!! :D

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! Many congrats!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! What a thoughtful guy!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful story and ring. Congrats!!!!!!!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful surprise!!!!! Love your ring, looks perfect on your hand :))))

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Such a romantic proposal and a trip afterwards just topped it all off!

Your ring is spectacular! :appl:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
OMG Congratulations!!!!! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous and I love how it sparkled in one of the photos!! :love: :love:

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Wow congrats that is such a beautiful story and your ring is perfect!

ellab

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! Incredibly sweet proposal story and gorgeous ring!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
YAYAYAY!!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! I'm gushing right now at work!!

And what a super sweet proposal! So thoughtful and romantic!

And the ring!! WOWZA :-o Now that's my kind of ring!! And it looks stunning on your hand! Congrats again!! :appl:

(Make sure to post loads of pics on SMTB- I wanna see tons of pics of that baby! ;)) )

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, ladies!!!!!

confuseddaisy - I love the excitement - it made my day. Thanks for that! Now where do I post in SMTB? Start a new thread or in the engagement ring folder that's a sticky? This is new to me so I need some direction... :lol:

peonies

Rough_Rock
Beautiful proposal and ring! Congratulations!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and what a wonderful proposal!

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is so pretty!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yay, congrats!!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
could not have been more special and magical!! Congratulations wwmd8118!!!!!!! the ring is STUNNING! :appl: :appl:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a great proposal! Congratulations and best wishes!

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is so pretty, and the proposal story is so sweet :) :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results