shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! Thanks to Mark Turnowski! 2.00 F I1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone here at Pricescope for educating me during my search for the perfect diamond. Last weekend, after five years of dating, my now fiance proposed at the Chateau Potelle in Napa Valley. It was beautiful, romantic and unexpected.

So...I know all of you are wondering about the ring. Here''s the story. I began looking about a year ago after I discovered Pricescope. I spoke with most of the vendors here but when I called Mark Turnowski at Engagementringsdirect.com, I knew I had found the right guy. I''ve been calling him on and off since last July, and at that time, I was looking for a 1.5 oval G VS2. Somehow I ended up with something entirely different but it''s exactly what I wanted. Throughout this whole time, Mark has been soo patient and understanding with my nearly impossible demands and small budget. After all, it''s really hard to find a well-cut eye-clean 2ct I1, right?

Specs first, then pics:

2.00 round
F I1
8.08 x 8.12 x 4.97
Depth 61.5%
crown 14.3%, 35.8
pavil 43.1%
table 58.4%
polish very good
symmetry good
HCA 1.6
AGS1
size 4 finger, ring sized 4 1/8

When Mark found this stone, he told me that he was 80% sure that I would like it. There is a slightly visible crystal at the side of the table and a couple small feathers close to the girdle. The crystal is visible at about 6 inches away, but only if you know where it is. Since he wasn''t 100% sure about it, he actually fed exed it to me the next day (with no charge, no CC# !!). He just went on pure faith because he had met my fiance one time in New York.

When I got the stone, I knew it was the one - with the high crown angle, it''s amazingly firey. Although it''s not H&A, the colored light return is just incredible. I definitely had a great experience with Mark - he found me a stunning eye clean 2 ct that was within our budget, and he was just great to work with.

70 rszd2.JPG

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
classic 6 prong tiffany platinum setting. I had Mark set the diamond very low. The culet is almost touching the bottom.

side rszd1.JPG

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
cherry wood box
2.gif

box rszd1.JPG

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your stone sure is a beauty!!!
30.gif
It looks gigantic on your finger!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
beautiful view at Chateau Potelle in Napa

CP1.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, and the ring is just stunning. Love those F's and 2 carats is just great. Enjoy!!
30.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! COngrats on your engagement, stunning ring, and wonderful experience with Mark! What a rock!! So cool to see another eye-clean I1!! I think you and Patty are the only ones on here with them? Very impressive
9.gif
9.gif

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! I love that it''s an I1... in fact, I don''t think I''d ever go above an SI1. I''m not particularly sensitive to color or clarity. I''m more drawn to sparkle and size!
3.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, awesome combination of size, color and clarity. That is exactly what I''d look for because I''m about about colorless diamonds! Unfortunately I can''t afford a colorless stone in the size I want....that is, until I saw your ring. Maybe there IS a possibility if I look hard enough.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ring looks fab--and very well on your tiny finger!

cheers--Sharon

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful and classy, and what a gorgeous I1!! Congratulations on figuring out which specification combination sings to you! Enjoy it, and good luck with the wedding!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Jaysonsmom - it IS hard to find a good I1, but I think the trick is to find a really good person to work with. Many of the vendors didn''t have the patience to look for me, but Mark tracked down practically all of the ideal/premium 2ct I1s in the NY area that were on the market.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAPPERS. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL AND HUGE!!! Mark is awesome, right? He sent me two small sidestones without any cc info too...he knew where we lived though LOL....Congrats on a super wise and beautiful purchase!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
p.s. Jaysonsmom...it''s all about finding the right vendor...you can do it!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
So very beautiful! Your ring is proof that with a great vendor and a little patience you CAN have everything you want!
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, fabulous ring and stone! well done!

congrats and best wishes
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s terrific.
Such a big beautiful stone and classic setting.
Best wishes to you both.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow
6.gif
What a great way to go with the F and I1!! and Mark was definitely the way to go, he''s great! Congrats to you both, pics are beautiful!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
well done! your ring is stunning!!
3.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Yowza, that is gorgeous! I am loving that diamond...

Congrats on your engagement (beautiful pic!) and on your beautiful solitaire! I think it''s awesome that ERD sent you the diamond on approval. Way cool.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow!
30.gif

You just bought my "sweet spot," LOL. Totally white F color and eye-clean I-1! And two carats to boot!

I''m so jealous! Your ring looks great and HUGE on your hand!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow what an awesome purchase!! i love seeing things like this that totally debunk all the myths, like ''I1''s are going to be crap''. that is a beautiful stone!!

personally, i would adore something like a K I1 pendant if it was well-cut...i am not averse to paying less for something people can''t see!

congratulations and the rock looks huge!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You have a BEAUTIFUL ring......nice story!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
WOW - fabulous ring!!! Congratulations to you and your fiance on your engagement!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Welcome to the F, I1 club. I have a 2.19 marquise with close-to-girdle feather inclusions that were able to be hidden by the prong.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,WOW!!! that''s a super sparkler
10.gif
30.gif
and a classic prong setting.
36.gif
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
congrats on the engagement and beautiful ring!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results