shape
carat
color
clarity

engaged Saturday Night!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tbone28

Rough_Rock
I have learned a lot about diamonds from this forum and just wanted to share some pictures of the ring I had made for my fiance.

The diamond is GIA certified, 1.03 carat Round Brilliant
Color: E
clarity: SI1
Depth: 62.6%
table: 55%
Flourescence: NONE
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: NONE
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

I had trouble uploading the pictures, but have a thumbnail page located at:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/albert28/

The side stones are .20 carat vivid yellow diamonds, and the ring is 950PL, with 18 carat gold
heart and side decorations.

What do you guys think (did the artist do a good job?)?
Regards,
T

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!
And may I add, that is one of the most beautiful and unusual rings I have ever seen! It's gorgeous!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrates!

While im not a fan of yelloww diamonds I have to say WOW to that ring.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of your pics for you

angel e-ring.jpg

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
side view

angels e-ring 2.jpg

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring...I love the use of colored stones (diamonds or otherwise) in e-rings

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! Those are mighty yellow
1.gif

Did the yellow sides come with the mounting or you bought them separately ? It is rather hard to find a well cut and matched pair... and these look great !

Tbone28

Rough_Rock
Hi again,
I had the ring created specifically for these diamonds. I purchased the diamonds separately. I got ideas about the ring design from my girlfriend (now fiance..hehe). She liked a design by Tacori...so I tried in vain to have them build me a ring to match my stones. They wouldn't do it...something about having to redesign their casts, or some such nonsense. So who was I to make someone do what they didn't want to do? I found a platinum smith/artist guy through a local jeweler, and had the design altered to match my stones. The reasoning behind the yellow stones I added was for that addition of more color to enhance the 18carat gold in the band. I like platinum, but platinum with a white stone was a little dull for my tastes. I had the gold and yellow stones added to give the ring a little color.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I sent the link to my fiance, and she is falling all over herself....hehe.
T

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I like the combination of the yellow and white in both the stones and the setting.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Very intricate and unique!! Great fire in the center stone as well!!
love.gif

Congrats on your Engagement!! May you both enjoy the ring for many years to come!!
appl.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
That's a lovely, unique ring...congrats on your design skills!

Congrats on your engagement, and best wishes to your fiancee!!

win

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
That's a really pretty and very unique ring. Congratulations!

I really like the yellow side stones! They bring out the whiteness in the center diamond!

appl.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous! And you probably paid less to have it custom made than Tacori would have charged you anyway.
10.gif

Tbone28

Rough_Rock
Heh heh,

I wish getting it made custom was cheaper. The cost for setting the ring was 1/3 more expensive, and minus the .15 carat white diamonds Tacori puts in their setting. Needless to say, I was angry that they wouldn't do it for me, but I wasn't going to let their arrogance stop me.

In the end, I was more than happy to pay the extra to get the ring that I wanted. The lack of their name does not detract from the work of art I received, nor the quality of the parts that went into it.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/albert28/

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! When we were looking I tried on a Scott Kay that had side trillions in yellow diamonds and they were so beautiful. I was surprised since I am more of a traditional gal but I loved those yellow diamonds.
2.gif
Now I am coveting much larger yellow diamonds on ice.com...hehee.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and curious, where did you find the side diamonds? Online?

Congratulations!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Ring..Congrats...
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results