shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged on 7/3/09 in NYC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
We flew into Newark on 7/2 and apparently he had the ring in his carry-on. Well of course I had no idea so when it was time to get off the plane I thought it would be easier to just sit tight and let everyone get off and then get all of our carry-on luggage out afterward. Little did I know J was a nervous wreck inside and was so sure that someone was going to accidentally grab his bag with the ring, but he kept his cool and I had no clue.

He proposed on Friday 7/3. That morning we get up and are waiting for an elevator to take us down to the hotel lobby. We get in and I realized I didn''t bring the camera. I asked J if he brought it and he didn''t have it either. So we get out of the elevator and go back to the room to get the camera. J had left the camera on purpose! He wanted to get down to the lobby and then "remember" that he forgot the camera so he could go back to the room (by himself) to call my dad and ask for his blessing. So I completely ruined that part of the plan..and J wasn''t able to call my dad at that point.

We went to watch the Today show and then decided to go to Top of the Rock...where there''s airport style security. I went through first, no problem. J goes through and sets off the detector. At this point I wasn''t paying any attention and was grabbing my stuff out of the bin. The security guard called him back through and J had to show him the ring box hoping I wouldn''t see it (I didn''t). J as soon as he saw what J was taking out of his pocket he was really cool and let him just pass through. I''m sure they get a lot of people that propose up there. It''s a beautiful view.

We left Top of the Rock and decided to walk down 5th Ave and then to Central Park (where he wanted to propose). Of course I had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got into the park so he wanted to use that opportunity to call my dad. My dad didn''t answer so J left a message letting him know what his plans were and asked him to call back and just leave a message. My dad just saw that J called but never listened to the message so he left a message on J''s phone just saying that he saw he called. (DOH!) Well I guess after a few minutes my dad must have realized he had a message and called J back AGAIN. J didn''t answer because at that point I was with him. J went to the bathroom so he could listen to my dad''s message and my dad said he was "100% for it!" At this point we were walking out of Central Park so he didn''t get to propose while we were there. Oh and as we were walking out we saw a couple getting their wedding pictures done :)

We were walking back towards 5th Ave to go to the Apple store and Tiffany''s when I had to stop to rest my poor feet. There''s this little fountain on 58th and 5th where we stopped at a bench. I was just looking around at all of the people when all of a sudden J gets down on one knee and asks "Will you marry me?" All I can remember saying is "Are you serious?" over and over. He finally had to say "Well give me your hand!" so he could put the ring on haha. It was so unexpected..I was completely shocked! I thought after leaving Central Park that there was no way he''d propose on this trip. Even though he had a lot of unexpected problems and wasn''t able to propose where he wanted to, it was absolutely perfect! And of course, something we will always remember!

Sorry for the long story. I''ll post pictures in a little bit..we''re off to lunch right now!
18.gif

Carey

Shiny_Rock
TEASE! Oh, what a beautiful proposal, though. Please post pics SOON! You have such a wonderful story to remember your engagement!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 12:23:01 PM
Author:lisamarie84
We flew into Newark on 7/2 and apparently he had the ring in his carry-on. Well of course I had no idea so when it was time to get off the plane I thought it would be easier to just sit tight and let everyone get off and then get all of our carry-on luggage out afterward. Little did I know J was a nervous wreck inside and was so sure that someone was going to accidentally grab his bag with the ring, but he kept his cool and I had no clue.

He proposed on Friday 7/3. That morning we get up and are waiting for an elevator to take us down to the hotel lobby. We get in and I realized I didn''t bring the camera. I asked J if he brought it and he didn''t have it either. So we get out of the elevator and go back to the room to get the camera. J had left the camera on purpose! He wanted to get down to the lobby and then ''remember'' that he forgot the camera so he could go back to the room (by himself) to call my dad and ask for his blessing. So I completely ruined that part of the plan..and J wasn''t able to call my dad at that point.

We went to watch the Today show and then decided to go to Top of the Rock...where there''s airport style security. I went through first, no problem. J goes through and sets off the detector. At this point I wasn''t paying any attention and was grabbing my stuff out of the bin. The security guard called him back through and J had to show him the ring box hoping I wouldn''t see it (I didn''t). J as soon as he saw what J was taking out of his pocket he was really cool and let him just pass through. I''m sure they get a lot of people that propose up there. It''s a beautiful view.

We left Top of the Rock and decided to walk down 5th Ave and then to Central Park (where he wanted to propose). Of course I had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got into the park so he wanted to use that opportunity to call my dad. My dad didn''t answer so J left a message letting him know what his plans were and asked him to call back and just leave a message. My dad just saw that J called but never listened to the message so he left a message on J''s phone just saying that he saw he called. (DOH!) Well I guess after a few minutes my dad must have realized he had a message and called J back AGAIN. J didn''t answer because at that point I was with him. J went to the bathroom so he could listen to my dad''s message and my dad said he was ''100% for it!'' At this point we were walking out of Central Park so he didn''t get to propose while we were there. Oh and as we were walking out we saw a couple getting their wedding pictures done :)

We were walking back towards 5th Ave to go to the Apple store and Tiffany''s when I had to stop to rest my poor feet. There''s this little fountain on 58th and 5th where we stopped at a bench. I was just looking around at all of the people when all of a sudden J gets down on one knee and asks ''Will you marry me?'' All I can remember saying is ''Are you serious?'' over and over. He finally had to say ''Well give me your hand!'' so he could put the ring on haha. It was so unexpected..I was completely shocked! I thought after leaving Central Park that there was no way he''d propose on this trip. Even though he had a lot of unexpected problems and wasn''t able to propose where he wanted to, it was absolutely perfect! And of course, something we will always remember!

Sorry for the long story. I''ll post pictures in a little bit..we''re off to lunch right now!
18.gif
All I remembered from my engagement was saying "Are you serious!?!?!" over and over again as well!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, LisaMarie - congratulations to you two!!!!!! I''m so happy your lovely ring is finally on your finger!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And since I know PS well and people might start complaining soon if pics aren''t posted
2.gif
, WF''s pic of the ring from a previous thread.

lisamarie84.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
great story! Congratulations...and I think getting proposed at that very spot was just beautiful!

papillon626

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! That is a great story and memory to share for years to come.

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about that. Thanks for posting that picture Lauren! I was trying to find it before we left, but wasn''t able to.

Here''s the obligatory flower picture
1.gif

lmcring12.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What a lovely ring and story!

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Stats:

0.76 ct J VS2 Whiteflash ACA set in the 18k Legato Sleek Line (size 5.75)

. Report: AGS
. Shape: Whiteflash ACA
. Carat: 0.760
. Depth %: 60.4
. Table %: 56.7
. Crown Angle: 34.6
. Crown %: 15.1
. Star : 55
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.95-5.96X3.59
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats.

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!
9.gif
I''m just so happy to finally be able to call him my FIANCE after 6 1/2 years!
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
love your proposal story!
such a pretty ring and it looks great on you.
WF does it again.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is perfect!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story and your ring is gorgeous. It looks so lovely on your hand
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations to you both.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
VERY VERY pretty ring!! Great proposal. I couldn''t help but laugh that you had to use the rest room. Totally me!
20.gif
3.gif
Congrats to you again!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal and lovely ring!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous, classic ring! It looks very pretty on your hand. Best wishes to you!

LovetothinkDiamonds

Rough_Rock
What an amazing proposal and gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Awww!! Congratulations, what a sweet proposal! I love your ring, solitaires are my favourite
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Lisamarie84! You certainly did make it hard for your fiancee, but it was definitely all worth it in the end! Beautiful ring!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a sweet and funny proposal story. Your ring is so classic and beautiful.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely ring, lovely story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results