shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! My Tiffany Lucida 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. It looks perfect on you.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Beautiful ring!!!

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Kristy Darling:

When my boyfriend and I started looking we began at Tiffanys simply because we happened to be on the Miracle Mile in Chicago. I instantly fell in love with the Etoile and teared up when I put it on. He was just about to purchase it when I said "Wait!" because when I thought about it more, I thought I could find a better deal, and was a little worried about the size of the band.

From there I began doing my homework. I looked and looked. For weeks I couldn't sleep. I became Pricescope obsessed. But through it all, nothing made me feel like I did that day at Tiffany's. I scoured Pricescope, went to all sorts of jewelers, dragged my boyfriend to look at rings I'd had sent from here and there, looked at certificates, dimensions, idealscopes, H&A, found perfect diamonds online. I really did my due diligence.

Then I told him, I didn't want to make the decision, and that I wanted him to choose. The pressure was too much. And I wanted the ring to come from his heart.

So....the next time I visited him in Chicago, we were downtown again and went back to Tiffany's. That's when I looked at the Lucida. Not only did I fall in love AGAIN, but he was like "Wow, that is beautiful." I mean he was mesmerized by it. It was his favorite, and mine too. I argued a bit with the sales person about quality and lighting and markup, but still, I loved the ring. It was simple but elegant.

When I left Chicago, I left the decision up to him. He had seen a few different rings by then, but I wanted him to decide. I was a bit conflicted because I wanted a 2ct, but I also really liked the Lucida. So I let him choose, and he did a great job!!

I love my ring more and more each day. :)

Tracy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow,wow,wow
6.gif
. That is the most beautiful ring-I have been dying for you to put pictures up of it! Congratulations and may I say once more, WOW

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Just perfect!

I LOVE it! Congratulations!

Lynn

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s very lovely tracy

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
VERY VERY VERY SPECIAL AND PRETTY!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come on as soon as I woke up to have a look at your ring again-Im mesmerized! More photos please if you can
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to Tiffany''s yesterday and your ring is indeed gorgeous! So is everything in that store! But I love your ring!

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful, congrats. It looks great on your hand as well.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your compliments! I am going to try to take some flower shots with my ring - it deserves it ;-)

Will post those as soon as I can!

36.gif

Tracy

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Tracy! What a beautiful ring! Enjoy this special time!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
It looks so much bigger than 5mm. I think it goes very well with your hand. Just beautiful! Congrats.
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh I love Balboa park, so romantic!!!!!! congrats and a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
30.gif

kemp707

Rough_Rock
wow.... my girlfriends friend described this very ring (princess cut with the same ring setting) as the one my girlfriend wants!

I have been reading up on the 4 C''s and i know what my bottom limits are.... but my main question is this...... can there be a ring too big?

I know it sounds funny but im paranoid about this! Ive seen some ladies walking around with rings that seemed way too big for their hands. It looked plain gaudy and I want my wife/fiance to have something that looks beautiful

My friends joke with me and say girls never worry about size..... bigger the better. Here are my minimums....

Cut - excellent or highest quality cut I can get
Carrat - 1.25 or higher
Color - minimum H (if not D E or F - added flouresence would be prefered)
Clarity - minimum VS2

Anyone able to provide a very nervous shopper with some advice on princess cut diamonds?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 11:48:56 PM
Author: kemp707
wow.... my girlfriends friend described this very ring (princess cut with the same ring setting) as the one my girlfriend wants!

I have been reading up on the 4 C''s and i know what my bottom limits are.... but my main question is this...... can there be a ring too big?

I know it sounds funny but im paranoid about this! Ive seen some ladies walking around with rings that seemed way too big for their hands. It looked plain gaudy and I want my wife/fiance to have something that looks beautiful

My friends joke with me and say girls never worry about size..... bigger the better. Here are my minimums....

Cut - excellent or highest quality cut I can get
Carrat - 1.25 or higher
Color - minimum H (if not D E or F - added flouresence would be prefered)
Clarity - minimum VS2

Anyone able to provide a very nervous shopper with some advice on princess cut diamonds?
Kemp, you should probably repost this in Rocky Talky with your own thread. Probably you won''t get as many answers to your questions here . Also, this is a Lucida which is Tiffany''s patented cut. It''s not a princess, although it may look somewhat like a princess cut stone. I don''t know much about princess cut stones, so I can''t really give you advice on them, but hopefully others will be able to help you.

By the way, Tracy, you have a beautiful ring!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful and I love the story of how you got engaged...congradulations!!!! More hand pic''s please!!
35.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
LOVE IT!!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Could you please post some pics of your ring in the Tiffany ring box???
30.gif
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also love to see some more shots-I havent stopped thinking of your gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have lost my battery charger but will try to take more pictures this weekend. I am going to Chicago and think I will get the Lucida band to match the ring. I will definitely post pictures if I do!
30.gif

Tracy

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Have fun at Tiffany''s! Look forward to seeing pictures of your ER with the soon-to-be Lucida band!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OOOOOH!! Back to Tiffany''s!!! Enjoy it!!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!! Congratulations!!

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

Bling Diva -- I see your icon is a Lucida. Do you have one? I was looking for pics of your ring. And I enjoyed that you shared information with us about yourself. I love your car seat covers too!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Tracy, is the Lucida band you''re getting like FG''s on the first page of this thread (half-eternity in a channel setting)? Just wondering. I don''t know much about Tiffany''s or what kind of Lucida bands they carry.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lizz,

Yes! Just like FGs.

Here is pic of one...

18.gif

lucidaband.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow they will look great together! Have fun at Tiffanys!!

tracys126

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

I have the specs! Here they are from the Tiffany Cert. Not sure if you are interested. I was happy to see the measurements because I thought it was 5mm!

Shape: Cut Cornered Square
Cut: Mixed
Measurements: 6.24 x 6.19 x 4.67
Precision of cut: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
I am in Chicago now. Will let you know how tomorrow goes!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results