Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW

I just had to wipe the drool from my chin. That ring is incredible!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

What an amazing rock! I wish you and hubby to be health and happiness.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
So lovely! Those claw prongs are exquisite, and the proportions of your ring look just right. Best of wishes to you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really looks like the Daussi cushions I have seen on PS! I like it a lot.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and stone! I agree, it does look very Daussi-esque.
30.gif
Outstanding!

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! That is an absolutley stunning ring!!
30.gif
I''ve always been a fan of cushion cuts, and this one really tops them!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I love cushions
30.gif
30.gif
Beautiful ring, congrats!

carabella

Shiny_Rock
What a stunner! Congratulations!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS ring! I love the diamond-it''s very unique and the setting is perfect for it. Wear it in good health!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I WANT I WANT I WANT!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!

Congrats =)

I hope you dont mind but I am showing my BF this picture as an example of the purrrrrfect cushion that I loveeeeeeeee!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, Clinique -- it''s gorgeous!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! Congrats, too.

Will you wear a band with it - what style?

cliniquelove83

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone, it means a lot coming from all these PSers with beautiful rings
30.gif

lweber - Yes, I plan on getting a band to complete the set. Initially I thought I would get an ultra-thin micropave band to match my ering but I''ve come to several conclusions ... Finding a pave band of the same diameter is nearly impossible unless I have it designed or purchase the wedding band directly from daussi (both relatively $$$). I''ve tried on larger pave with it but it overwhelms the simplicity of the ring. Also, after owning micropave for several months I realize how much upkeep is involved, I had one stone pop out in an ultrasonic and have several loose stones per my jeweler currently. The thought of two rings with the same issue is driving me nuts!

The other day I happened to be browsing plain white gold bands at Lord & Taylor''s. They have a sale coming up and I thought, hey why not try on one of these? It''s funny since most jewelers want to sell you on pave rings, guess there is more comission involved he he. I tried on a 2 mm band and it looked AWESOME. The contrast between the rings was interesting and classy. I got so excited I really wanted to buy the band (we have a vacation coming up and I thought I could wear it) but my FI was a little freaked so I decided to hold off for now
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay - I just saw this thread and it has made me really happy! I really want a 4 prong setting like that for my stone and you''ve given me hope!!! I saw where you mentioned in a more recent thread about wanting it higher and I agree, but I''m really happy that the thicker prongs for the larger stone look IN PROPORTION and lovely!! I''m thrilled for you and for me hahaha :) Do you know what the dimensions of your stone are? or the width of your bands? Who made it?

cliniquelove83

Rough_Rock
Hi Sara! Yes, the four prong is possible for larger cushions but I have learned it''s a tricky setting. The ring is Daussi (you can go to the site to view the setting) but was an estate purchase so I don''t have specs like the width of the stone, original paperwork says 2.12 cts but that''s an estimate. Don''t have the width of the band either although compared to a plain 2 mm band I''d say it''s probably around 1.5 mm. I recently took it to the jeweler who resized it for me to discuss resetting the stone in basically the same type of four prong setting, just a little higher. He said he could do it but would add a basket (which I''m pretty much opposed to since it takes away from the "openness" of the setting) or a platform to stabilize the stone. I''m not sure if I''ll do either since I really love the look of the ring, just realize that four prongs are high maintenance and more delicate (especially when you have a larger stone!). Hope this helps, I''m just rambling now lol!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 3:24:45 PM
Author: cliniquelove83
Hi Sara! Yes, the four prong is possible for larger cushions but I have learned it''s a tricky setting. The ring is Daussi (you can go to the site to view the setting) but was an estate purchase so I don''t have specs like the width of the stone, original paperwork says 2.12 cts but that''s an estimate. Don''t have the width of the band either although compared to a plain 2 mm band I''d say it''s probably around 1.5 mm. I recently took it to the jeweler who resized it for me to discuss resetting the stone in basically the same type of four prong setting, just a little higher. He said he could do it but would add a basket (which I''m pretty much opposed to since it takes away from the ''openness'' of the setting) or a platform to stabilize the stone. I''m not sure if I''ll do either since I really love the look of the ring, just realize that four prongs are high maintenance and more delicate (especially when you have a larger stone!). Hope this helps, I''m just rambling now lol!

Well, from one +2carat chunky cushion owner to another - I myself want to avoid a basket like the plague, even if it means I have to have 4mm columns at the corners - seriously lol why? Because as much as we hear all the time how rounds perform, I have yet to meet a cushion that wouldn''t benefit from drawing light from its environment (ie the pavillion). I know some people look down their nose at this, but it is a DIFFERENT kind of beauty, one that I adore. I just have to accept this and put my stone in a setting that doesn''t block light.

When you see your jeweler next can you just get a *rough* idea of stone size and prong width? When I had my setting made she really wanted to do .8mm prongs since there were 8 of them and I still insisted on 1mm. I would venture a guess that the prongs on this ring are larger than 1mm but I think they look perfect. when you think of a smaller stone with prongs - these look proportionate if that makes sense... I love it - I think it''s lovely and perfect and the only thing I''d change is about 1mm higher with thicker prongs if needed. Well, and I don''t want pave lol

I''ve been looking to find a setting like this for a long time to prove a bigger stone can do it... baskets make them more secure but I figure if you aren''t really dependent on having minute prongs you can find a compromise. The part that sticks out over the stone doesn''t have to be that big :)

Kali Cakes

Rough_Rock
Trade
congrats! It is amazingly beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results