shape
carat
color
clarity

Enchanted Diamonds vs James Allen Settings

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I'm looking for a pear and I'm seriously considering one from James Allen and one from Enchanted Diamonds. I was about sold on the one from ED when I realized that their settings cost about twice as much as those at James Allen -- and that could really hurt my budget. ED also has far fewer designs to choose from (although I suppose they can do anything custom). Is the setting quality that much higher at ED? Maybe I could just buy the diamond and have it set locally (I'm in the DC area, plenty of options).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pears are hard to pick. Do you have a link to the stone you
Are considering?

Did you get an asset image?

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the response -- I've got links:

Here is the James Allen, which I was thinking could only go in rose gold (not crazy about yellow) because it might be too warm for white metal: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.70-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-378992?a_aid=dmnd1357&chan=x

And here is the ED:
http://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Pear/GIA-Certified-1-5-Carat-H-Color-VS2-Clarity-Diamond-1DVP13?a_aid=y

I had help picking these, but it still feels overwhelming. I see diamonds on ED that seem as good but cost less, and JA doesn't seem to have much of a decent pear selection at all. It's all a bit confusing.

Edited to add: Haven't gotten an asset on the JA yet.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I've never had a setting from ED, but I have found the JA settings to be an excellent value. I've been very happy with my setting from them and I'm about to order another.

Q

Queenie60

Take a look at McGivern Diamonds. Give them a call - they are located in Ohio. I recently purchased two pear shaped stones from him for stud earrings. He was very helpful and if you look on his website, there are many rings to chose from. Mike is the owner/operator and will answer your calls and help you to find the best stone for your budget. I've used enchanted diamonds for several pieces over the past 16 months and have been very happy with my purchases, however I have recently discovered that their stones are priced bout 10% higher than other online vendors for the same stone with a matching GIA report number. Also take a look at Ritani.com. They can help you find a nice stone and have partner jewelers in your area where they will send the stone unmounted or mounted in your ring of choice for your review and approval. It's a nice service. Good luck to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results