shape
carat
color
clarity

Enable me! Or not!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1300305959|2873421 said:
BUY IT! If you don't, I think you'll regret it. It's gorgeous and an amazing value, AND it's your size.
If you do get it, please post a lot of pics; I'd love to get a closer look at it.

Ditto this!

And a question for baby nurse -- didn't you buy a James Meyer ring when he had his sale? Did you ever post pics of it?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring...because it's an SI2, I can't say "go for it," without seeing it in person, however, from the photos, it looks like a gorgeous ring.

Question: is the $2K firm or have you and the seller already been negotiating price? Can a couple hundred be knocked off the price?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting with anticipation to see what you do.. Its such a lovely piece.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. It's a steal. Lazare is on par with Hearts on Fire. And the setting alone is worth a bunch.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula|1300457087|2874598 said:
BUY IT! If you don't, I think you'll regret it. It's gorgeous and an amazing value, AND it's your size.
If you do get it, please post a lot of pics; I'd love to get a closer look at it.

Ditto this!

And a question for baby nurse -- didn't you buy a James Meyer ring when he had his sale? Did you ever post pics of it?

I did get one of his rings. I love it and wear it every day! I haven't taken a ton of pictures of it, but I do have a few and will start a thread on it :)) .

Lula

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1300476868|2874778 said:
Lula|1300457087|2874598 said:

Ditto this!

I did get one of his rings. I love it and wear it every day! I haven't taken a ton of pictures of it, but I do have a few and will start a thread on it :)) .

I thought I remembered that you were lucky enough to get something from his sale -- and I'd love to see pictures.

MTG, any updates on what you've decided to do?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Presses enable button several times in a frantic fashion....

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my goodness--you must buy this. I think it's well worth $2000! What a beautiful ring!

ETA: If you don't buy it, I have a similar project budget at present, and I could totally make a size 4 work as a RHR :Up_to_something: .

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had been going back and forth over the price and stuff, and he had countered with 2k, and I emailed him that I would accept that price...and I haven't heard back since. But that isn't uncommon, he's veeeerrrrrry slow with email. I kind of get the feeling he's not he most tech savvy, lol.

But I'll keep you guys in the loop once anything happens! Thanks for the enabling!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if he accepts your 2K offer you are getting a great deal on a wondering piece!! Please let us know as soon as you hear something! I'm so excited for you :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to go for it.
Hopefully will be picking up the ring next Monday, schedule permitting.

My ering diamond is 6.2mm, the current stone is 5.8mm. I wonder if it would fit. It's ok if it doesn't, I'm just as happy enjoying the ring as it is and maybe replacing with a colored stone some day.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh! So glad to hear this! I do hope your diamond fits in it, but I'm sure it wouldn't take you long to find a colored stone to fit in it either ;)) !

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
post pics asap!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we are on for Monday!

I had him send me the AGS report, and the clarity chard just shows one line (likely a feather) near the edge of the stone, other than that it looks remarkably clean. He also sent me the original photos in high res, they are still blurry lol, but you can see some of the nice flowers and details in some of the shots. I'll post pics later.

Question though, do you know if V.C, does maintenance work? I know the craftsmanship is excellent, but one would think over the years, platinum rings get scratches and wearing away of miligrain etc. Has anybody sent back rings to VC for "touch ups"? For those VC owners, how long have you owned them and do you notice much in the way of wear and tear?

Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the AGS report and a detail shot

agsvc.jpg

agsdetail.jpg

detailsvc1.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm so thrilled you went for it! Not surprised the band is more expensive new than the used ring with diamond was. You definitely got a steal!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, tomorrow is the big day and I'm actually a little anxious!

My gut feeling about this is good, the correspondence with the seller has had no red flags, and the paper work is all in order (AGS and an independent appraisal from a well known store). So this is probably mostly just me being paranoid. And I do have his contact info in case I take it to be appraised and I find out the stone was changed, but given that it's a private sale I probably won't be able to do much about it.

I'm going to bring my 10x loupe, but will I be able to see the LK girdle engraving with that?
Sorry, I'm an overly cautious person some time!

To apologize for being a worry-wort, here's some VC eyecandy, lol.

large.jpg

Ring.1206-962.jpg

p-lg_1035.O.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1302226140|2890721 said:
Hmmm..so according to this site, the matching band is 2650....guess I won't have a matching set anytime soon!
http://www.vonbargens.com/catalog/detail.php?product=2127&category=1081

I can guarantee that the price for that band bought directly from VC is much, much less. I think you might be pleasantly surprised! I just ordered 3 rings from VC, one of which was a band, and it was nowhere near the price quoted on the website you linked.

Good luck on your transaction!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1302450574|2892559 said:
I can guarantee that the price for that band bought directly from VC is much, much less. I think you might be pleasantly surprised! I just ordered 3 rings from VC, one of which was a band, and it was nowhere near the price quoted on the website you linked.

Thanks Aoife.

Unfortunately, I did call VC in person because I doubted the price too, but the answer was actually consistent, $2650 for platinum in that design.
Maybe you got a discount for buying multiples? Was it this same design if you don't mind my asking?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG it all looks great. My *only* concern is with an SI2 grade based on a single inclusion of that nature, there is a slight possibility it poses a durability risk. Be sure to ask about that specifically when you see your appraiser!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm..so according to this site, the matching band is 2650....guess I won't have a matching set anytime soon!

THREE???!!! Oh wow! Can't wait for your thread!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1302451537|2892572 said:

Thanks Aoife.

Unfortunately, I did call VC in person because I doubted the price too, but the answer was actually consistent, $2650 for platinum in that design.
Maybe you got a discount for buying multiples? Was it this same design if you don't mind my asking?

Oh, that's too bad, I didn't intend to mislead you! I don't wear platinum myself, and tend to forget that other people prefer it, so that would account for the price differential. When we were at the workshop last week Larry V. showed us a small piece of platinum smaller than my little finger and told us that it was worth $2000, and they'd get maybe 2 rings out of it. Which I thought was fairly jaw-dropping when the fabrication of the rings is so labor-intensive. It actually amazes me that they don't cost more than they do when just the raw materials are so pricey.

I ended up with a different band than the one you are considering. It was hard to choose, because IRL the amount of detail that is packed into a very small space is incredible, and the one you like is very, very beautiful.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1302455244|2892610 said:

THREE???!!! Oh wow! Can't wait for your thread!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I can't wait for it myself! :bigsmile:

Sarah said the wire transfer went through, so I should have an ETA soon.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! I doubt you'll be able to make out the girdle inscription with a 10x loupe. Both of my diamonds from WF have inscribed girdles, and with a 10x loupe I can juuuuuuuuuuuuust barely make out that there's text on there, but not what the text actually is.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results