shape
carat
color
clarity

Emperor Maximilian Diamond for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
The famous diamond, an over 39 ct cushion, is for sale on ebay. It looks very authentic to me, and for almost 2 million dollars, it ought to be. If you want to look at it, go to ebay and type Emperor Maximilian Diamond. For all you cushion lovers, it will make your jaw drop. Have fun looking!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drooling...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond.
3.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh... What can I possibly say about that diamond!?! Wow... and the history behind it....
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
At first I thought, who would buy a ring like that on eBay? But then, I realized that eBay is cheap advertising for them and anyone who could afford it, or just wants have a look will surely visit their store. Good marketing!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my stone but I''d trade it in for this!!!!!!! THIS is my *dream* stone. Okay so in all honesty I''d want this down to a 5 carat level for practicality and daily living... but the *cut* on this stone is to die for!! Look at that cross!! ::swoons::

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 7:59:18 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love my stone but I''d trade it in for this!!!!!!! THIS is my *dream* stone. Okay so in all honesty I''d want this down to a 5 carat level for practicality and daily living... but the *cut* on this stone is to die for!! Look at that cross!! ::swoons::
I had no doubt this would be your response. I started to write something like that and then erased it. But I knew it!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have to add that those who would cut antique cushions should pay attention to the basic symmetry here. I would elaborate if I thought anyone cared LOL

Kohinoor

Rough_Rock
OMGoodness!
3.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Let''s hope that my bf will win that 38 million dolloars lottery so he can buy me this diamond!
31.gif
31.gif

30.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
If I remember correctly, the Maximilian Diamond sold for quite a bit more than 1.6 million in the Christie's sale of 1982.

It would seem the current owner is taking a loss on it. Surprising, considering it's provenance (Maximilian wore it in a pouch around his neck when he was executed by Mexican firing squad in 1867).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 8:04:00 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 4/4/2007 7:59:18 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love my stone but I'd trade it in for this!!!!!!! THIS is my *dream* stone. Okay so in all honesty I'd want this down to a 5 carat level for practicality and daily living... but the *cut* on this stone is to die for!! Look at that cross!! ::swoons::
I had no doubt this would be your response. I started to write something like that and then erased it. But I knew it!
1.gif
LOL!! I was wondering where curio got that big pic so I did some searching and voila!! http://www.palmbeachfinejewelryandantiques.com/emperor_maximilian_blue_diamond.htm
you gotta check that thing out in full glory - this sucker got its own folder on my computer. I seriously wouldn't want 40 carats of this but damn something between 2-6 would kick you know what!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Interesting and located just up the road a piece from me.

I''m wondering why the owner chose this seller, rather than Christie''s or Sotheby''s......

Rockdoc

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
".... with a strong blue fluorescence which gives the diamond a soft luminosity in daylight."

This rarely gets promoted as a feature.

I too am a little surprised at how inexpensive this is. Does anyone have a clue if this is legit? Genuine named diamonds don''t get sold all that often although I agree that ebay may actually be a clever venue. They surely don''t expect it to actually sell this way but any genuine buyer can find out that it''s available by forwarded email and things like this forum and contact the seller to work out the logistics of a purchase. This avoids the fees by the major auction houses, which can be considerable. There''s not that many people in the world who buy this sort of thing but it''s a big enough list that it would be tough to easily contact them all to see if there is any interest.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results