shape
carat
color
clarity

Emeralds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patrice

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I learned about Jewlery Television from this website and decided to watch it over the weekend. I''''ve been wanting an Emerald ring for the longest time and saw they were selling loose Columbian Emeralds over the weekend. I decided to purchase one, I figured I could return it once I saw it. I don''''t know anything about Emeralds and was wondering if someone could tell me what they think think the quality of stone might be, or if they have ever purchased from Jewlery TV.

Here is the link to the stone I purchased. I would appreciate any comments from those who know about Emeralds.

Stone # E1V407 for $399.97

http://www.jewelrytelevision.com/index.aspx?tid=7443&R=2488441&bca=E1V407&ptid=7362&N=0&cm_ven=Email+Confirmation&cm_pla=2-BodyImage&cm_cat=Order+Confirmation&cm_ite=E1V407&up=Product+Text

Thank you!!

Patrice

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert (or even a knowledgeable amature) but it seems rather unsaturated for an emerald. The inclusions make it look pretty cloudy as well. Of course, you get what you pay for.

JTV 1.5 carat emerald for $399

Kashmir Blue 1.64 carat emerald for $4925

2125.jpg

Kashmir Blue 1.33 carat emerald $1,440
3715.jpg

Patrice

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a difference. The stones you are showing are beautiful. Well it looks like I might be returning my stone. I thought it was too good to be true. The one they showed on TV didn''t have all the inclusions like it does on the website.

Thank you.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, $400 for a 1.5ct emerald is WAY low. I wouldn''t set my expectations too high.

Do you think that''s an actual picture of the stone, or a ''representative'' one? Either way, it doesn''t look too great.

When you get it, check back and let us know! Hopefully I''m WAY wrong!
1.gif

widget

It will probably be pretty pale color-wise...but that''s ok if that''s what you like.
Good luck!

Patrice

Rough_Rock
I think the picture is rep since the stone they showed on TV looked a lot better. However I have never ordered from them before. I read some emails of people on this site who have ordered from JTV and they seemed to be happy. Of course as you stated and my mother always said "you get what you paid for"

Patrice

Rough_Rock
I did a search on Jewlery Television and found the original thread where someone had purchased a columbian emerald from JT for $100, it was a .81.

When I get the stone I will post a picture, however I''ve already have buyers remorse.

Thanks again,

Patrice

eac

Shiny_Rock
Don''t feel bad...after all, you can return it! If you''d like an emerald-colored gemstone around that price, what about a green tourmaline? You could get a quality 1.5 carat tourmaline for the price of that Jewelry Television emerald.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Patrice...Hello....The pictures they have are very bad. I have gotten loose stones and the they have looked better in person. Then on the other hand I have returned lots of loose stones and the finished jewelry.There is no problem if you do not like it as they are really good at promptly returning your money.You never know until you try. I know I have almost not ordered because I say it will be junk and it turns out really nice....then there are the junky times...so you never know.On the items that I have had appraised I have been well satisfied with them....Good luck. Oh if you send it back ...don''t let it be your last purchase!

Connie

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I bought these two emeralds from:

http://www.swissgemshop.ch/

I paid $119 for the 0.35 and $105 for the 0.31.

They looked exactly like the pictures, a really beautiful rich green and were set as side stones for a 1.5ct RB.

l_emerald-2826.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
And the second one...

l_emerald-2828.jpg

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Emerald is a Type III gemstone which means it is typically included. Industry is more forgiving for inclusions if the color is good. Fine emeralds that are eye clean and vivid color would fetch big bucks. JTV carries a lot of the commercial grade product. You can always return it when you decide that you don''t like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results