shape
carat
color
clarity

Emeralds - TRAPICHE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

periegetes

Rough_Rock
Is there anyone who knows more about these rare stones?

I got one and have opportunity to get some more, but I do not know nothing about these stones, apart of infos I''ve found on the web. They said that price for Trapiche I attached is about $ 8000!

Is it possible to get fake one, I mean can someone make artificial stone which look like real? How can I know if this one is real?

THX
20.gif

Trapiche 10.78ct.jpg

path914

Rough_Rock
If that is a real trapiche(and I don't think any of us could tell you for sure from a computer image), it is a wonderful example and the price sounds about right from the ones I've seen. While it would certainly be possible to create a simulated trapiche, basic gemological testing would easily tell natural from synthetic. Do you have any local gemologists that you could take it to?

periegetes

Rough_Rock
I attached more infos and pics!

emerald-trapiche1-sm.jpg

periegetes

Rough_Rock
Is this moderate clarity enhancment by epoxy resin bad??

Does this mean investment failure?

How much more would be trapiche worth it without enhancment?
5.gif

path914

Rough_Rock
It is extremely common for ALL emeralds to be treated with some form of epoxy resin, the most common version I see is Option. It is more uncommon to find an emerald that is not treated in this way, IMHO. Here is a good article by Richard Hughes and Ray Zajicek.

http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/catfights.htm

I don''t think it should affect the value very much, if at all. Of course, this is a completely uneducated opinion as I don''t deal with trapiche emeralds on a regular basis...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results