shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald & YG Filigree Cross

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my cross, 18k and emerald. I think I'll wear this to poor X's funeral.

dscn0350.jpg

dscn0351.jpg

dscn0354.jpg

dscn0360.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! Love the emeralds in yg!

(If you don't mind me saying this, it's so much easier to look at pieces when you put them all in one thread instead of separate threads. It's time consuming to make separate comments on multiple threads, so I am sure many people take a look at some and don't comment.)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS, I didn't think of that as they are all quite different, but perhaps I should have done so. Over on the pearl thread, I've put all my things on one thread though.

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that's true. It might work out to put all of the same type together such as all pendants in one thread and earrings in another, perhaps. Obviously it is fine to do it any way you wish! :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a collecton of gemstone and silver jewelry that I'll put in one thread today. It does make sense. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for separate threads, I like seeing the bling individually.

What a pretty cross, you've always got me with yellow gold + any green stones.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a half dozen crosses myself, but yours is stunning. I'm still a big fan of the buttery goodness that is yellow gold, especially 18K.
You have very nice taste.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, asztonie! Yep, yellow and blue/green = always good.

Thanks also, gemgirl. That's a very nice compliment. I too like the deep yellow of 18k gold. There's something so rich about it. I find white metals a little cold.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
More yellow gold! Yum.

Amazing filigree, so very interesting to look at.

Where do you find such pieces?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Antique fairs :)

ETA: I do compromise on quality, sometimes, if I like the overall look. It may be 18k butt his cross is very thin and light, and the emerald at the center looks kind of covered in glue. That's the best way I can describe it. I look at the center stone and think, "gluey." But it only cost approx $225-ish - can't quite remember but under $300 anyway - and I thought the overall sharp contrast of the green and yellow plus the delicate filigree more than made up for it. If I love something, not everything about it has to be just so, and I'm not really into designer brands except a weakness for Kiki McDonough at Neiman Marcus.

Thanks for the nice remark :wavey:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1464572406|4037946 said:
Thanks, asztonie! Yep, yellow and blue/green = always good.

Thanks also, gemgirl. That's a very nice compliment. I too like the deep yellow of 18k gold. There's something so rich about it. I find white metals a little cold.

Honey, no one can get away from the fact that yellow gold (24K) is where all gold begins. ;))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1464543211|4037782 said:
I vote for separate threads, I like seeing the bling individually.

What a pretty cross, you've always got me with yellow gold + any green stones.

+1, I like to look at things individually as well, beautiful cross!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love emeralds in YG. It makes the emeralds pop (IMO)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Jambalaya. Beyond gorgeous. And it makes me think that the emeralds I acquired in Colombia are not too light to be beautiful, after all. They are probably the same color as the ones in your elegant filigree cross. Mine are virtually without inclusions. (I examined them all under a high powered microscope.) It is just that the most important quality in colored gems-the color-is not deep enough to make my emeralds truly valuable in terms of dollars.

But value in dollars and value in beauty are two different matters. Your emeralds in the yellow gold of the cross look spectacular.

I am still looking for the right cross for myself.

Wear your lovely new cross in good health.

Deb

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, that's what I've heard before. So true!

Thanks lkn, for your kind comment!

And thanks, Marcy and AGBF! I really know nothing about emeralds. The only thing I knew was that I liked how they look with the yellow!

Q

Queenie60

Jambalaya: I love looking at all of your threads. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful jewelry. This cross is very lovely. I like your taste and how brave you are to vary what you wear. I tend to be the boring classic jewelry type. Suits my style. I always admire those that can think outside of the box when it comes to jewelry. Wishing you all of the best while attending poor "X" funeral. Take care Jambalaya. :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1464656717|4038322 said:
Jambalaya: I love looking at all of your threads. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful jewelry. This cross is very lovely. I like your taste and how brave you are to vary what you wear. I tend to be the boring classic jewelry type. Suits my style. I always admire those that can think outside of the box when it comes to jewelry. Wishing you all of the best while attending poor "X" funeral. Take care Jambalaya. :wavey:

Queenie, you're so sweet. Thank you. I might buy lots of different things but I often don't really wear them because my day job is not at all dressy. But I figure that I'll get around to wearing them eventually and it doesn't matter if I don't wear them for quite a while.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results