shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald x2 ring eye clean gia any thoughts..

seekinganswers

Rough_Rock
So I inherited this and recently got back from gia.
I was advised by the person whom did the report, that she hadn't seen such a transparent emerald in quite some time (and there's 2!) With 1.5 cts of vs diamonds. Each emerald is slightly under 2 cts
My question is 1, how much does f1 treatment affect its value, and 2, I've been told by 2 different jewellers they appear to be from the muzo mines.
Additionally, these really are nice emeralds, 20240701_170600.jpg20240701_170524.jpg20240701_170513.jpg20240701_170403.jpglike looking through a glass of water.
Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 20240701_170338.jpg
    20240701_170338.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi :wavey: obviously with any gemstone a non treated one is worth more than a treated one but these days minor oil is common and quite acceptable. Your emeralds are beautiful, of a high quality and worth quite a bit so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd probably personally get a trusted cutter to polish out the abrasion to the crown facets and girdles, especially if you decide to sell it, because that would bug me more than the minor oil, but other than that just appreciate the ring.

Hi :wavey: obviously with any gemstone a non treated one is worth more than a treated one but these days minor oil is common and quite acceptable. Your emeralds are beautiful, of a high quality and worth quite a bit so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd probably personally get a trusted cutter to polish out the abrasion to the crown facets and girdles, especially if you decide to sell it, because that would bug me more than the minor oil, but other than that just appreciate the ring.

I appreciate your feedback.
Any ideas on value

Why do you want to sell it? Insurance?

I don't but I need to unfortunately

Oh, I'm sorry, I would find a good Antique dealer and simply ask them what they would offer you or see if someone like Jocelyn from gilded lane would take it on consignment for you. Look up Jocelyn Lane (guildedlane) on Instagram.

The emeralds themselves are worth many thousands of dollars. I haven't bought or sold any Antique jewellery of mine for a few years now so you would be better asking and looking specifically for high end Antique dealers that know what they are looking at to see if they would buy it or sell it on consignment for you.

Oh, I'm sorry, I would find a good Antique dealer and simply ask them what they would offer you or see if someone like Jocelyn from gilded lane would take it on consignment for you. Look up Jocelyn Lane (guildedlane) on Instagram.

The emeralds themselves are worth many thousands of dollars. I haven't bought or sold any Antique jewellery of mine for a few years now so you would be better asking and looking specifically for high end Antique dealers that know what they are looking at to see if they would buy it or sell it on consignment for you.

Thank you

I am not an expert, however, I have had experience in selling jewellery privately, and would advise not to pin too much hope in getting more than 20% of the replacement insurance value.

The Emeralds may be clean and of good colour and they may be attractive to some people.

However, I too would be put off by the amount of abrasions due to wear and tear.

Good luck with the sale.

DK :))

Thank you

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics