shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald with white sapphires

megthered

Rough_Rock
I bought this emerald and white sapphire for a song. I love emeralds, my wedding set is emeralds, but I was intrigued by the white sapphires. I had never heard of them. I just loved the way they sparkled and they are so much whiter, I guess, than diamonds. I am not a fan of diamonds, so the white sapphires were great for me. I was wondering where can I find more information about them.

20151214_093318.jpg

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
Bit late but I wanted to say how pretty the ring looks on you - I'm a big emerald fan too =)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really beautiful ring.

... but I have to say in the higher color grades diamonds and VERY white, aka colorless.
... also, when cut well, they are much more sparkly and show more fire and dispersion than the best-cut sapphires.
It's a property of the diamond material.

The problem is most people rarely encounter the highest-color DEF diamonds or well-cut ones.

Again ... stunning ring! :love:

megthered

Rough_Rock
Not very many. these were taken with my wedding set. I really like the ring, but it's a little big and I would hate to lose it. I have been fortunate to have some lovely emeralds from my hubs.

20160913_0.jpg

20160913_185319.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous! I love emeralds too, congrats

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
Thank you- those are gorgeous. Your husband is a smart man :appl: I love the big ring- the colour really makes a statement.

My engagement ring is also an emerald and it's lovely to see more of them . The eternity band is particularly unusual - you've never had a problem with the stones in terms of fragility?

megthered

Rough_Rock
The eternity band is the ring I wear constantly, never take it off. I have not had any problems at all. I have it checked every six months and I don't have a scratch or crack in any of the stones. I was told not to wear it every day, because of the fragility of the emerald stone but I have never had a problem with any of my rings. I don't baby my rings, I have too much to do to worry about them, and they are for wearing, not putting them away for special occasions. I have emerely stud earrings that match my engagement ring and they stay in the top piercing hole. I really never take them out but to be cleaned and checked. Not a scratch or crack.

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
That's pretty impressive. You must be very gentle on your rings as I've had an emerald shatter on me.

megthered

Rough_Rock
I love my emeralds but I have never had one break yet. :clap: The only thing I have ever had break was an opal. It was in a ring and it caught on the door handle. Broke the opal and my finger. My husband replaced it with an opal ring set in black jade he bought in China.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results