shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald recommendations in New York City

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtc2104

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I am in the middle of a disastrous education in gemstone shopping. In shopping for an emerald engagement ring, I first tried various places around New York City, but without any knowledge of the item I was looking to buy, I was reluctant to purchase from anyone. I turned to the internet and bought a half-carot emerald, with three diamonds on each side of the emerald (totaling about 0.4 carots) on a platinum band. I thought I had made a smart purchase until I went to an appraiser who told me that the item had major flaws. He suggested I turn to this forum for guidance.

Does anyone an honest emerald dealer in Manhattan''s diamond district that could sell me a comparable (or higher quality) item? Any recommendations or guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hello mtc2104 and welcome to Pricescope.

I would talk to Joshua Griswold at Serenity Diamonds

Emeralds are not really suitable as everyday stones because they are soft. I am sure he will explain the pros and cons to you.

Joshua regularly comments on emeralds on this forum and a search for either "emeralds" and/or "Joshua Griswold" will bring up many threads.

Congratulations on your forthcoming engagement.

mtc2104

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the recommendation!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 12:46:43 PM
Author: Gailey
Hello mtc2104 and welcome to Pricescope.

I would talk to Joshua Griswold at Serenity Diamonds

Emeralds are not really suitable as everyday stones because they are soft. I am sure he will explain the pros and cons to you.

Joshua regularly comments on emeralds on this forum and a search for either ''emeralds'' and/or ''Joshua Griswold'' will bring up many threads.

Congratulations on your forthcoming engagement.
I couldn''t agree more with this recommendation. Although I have not purchased from Joshua, I recently sent an emerald to him for his evaluation, and he was throoughly honest about it, and very accomodating and patient with all my questions. He also provides AGL reports with many of the emeralds he sells, and I think this is a must for any dealer who sells these stones. There are too many treatments, synthetics and complex color grades to buy an emerald without one.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

mtc2104

Rough_Rock
I took the recommendation to contact Joshua Griswald. I am grateful for the suggestion because Joshua was knowledgeable and honest. He also had an excellent inventory at reasonable prices. As a novice, Joshua was patient and held my hand through the process. At the end of the day, I purchased a beautiful emerald ring with which both my girlfriend and I are thrilled. Should I ever be in the market for a stone again, Joshua will be the first person I contact.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
*shakes the thread in the hopes that pictures of emerald ring falls out*

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we never get tired of looking at pictures of emeralds!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2010 4:35:47 PM
Author: mtc2104
I took the recommendation to contact Joshua Griswald. I am grateful for the suggestion because Joshua was knowledgeable and honest. He also had an excellent inventory at reasonable prices. As a novice, Joshua was patient and held my hand through the process. At the end of the day, I purchased a beautiful emerald ring with which both my girlfriend and I are thrilled. Should I ever be in the market for a stone again, Joshua will be the first person I contact.

Thanks for the recommendation!

WE NEED PICTURES!!! Pretty pretty please
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Congratulations on your purchase. Emeralds are one of those stones that I would be hesitant to buy almost anywhere. Joshua seems to be one of the few good and most importantly, knowledgable, dealers of fine emeralds. I assume your emerald is Colombian???

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 4:41:59 PM
Author: Kismet
*shakes the thread in the hopes that pictures of emerald ring falls out*

+1. I just love emeralds, and I can''t wait to see yours! Will you set it in white or yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results