shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ben427

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing this stone from a reputable jeweler in
Wash, DC.

Please let me know your thoughts on its quality, dimensions, selection and overall value. Seems to be a pretty nice stone for the money, but I''m very new at this. I''m certainly looking to stretch my dollars and don''t require the very best stone, just one thats of quality and pleasing to the eye.

Also, looking for some ideas on settings. My GF likes a platinum, contemporary with no side stones. If you had a pictures or
websites to view on settings, this would be most helpful. The jeweler can cast something basic, or pick something out of the catalog and is recommending the Lucida type style. All help is much appreciated.

Emerald: 1.93
8.62 x 5.99 x 4.03
Depth: 67.3
Table: 67
Crown Height: 14
Pavilion Depth: 50
Girdle: Medium Polished
Polish: Good
Symmetry: VG
Culet: none
Clarity: VVS2
Color: F
Fluorescence: None
Rated by EGL
Price $14K with $600 to $900 platinum setting

Also, are there any downsides to these dimensions, like fingprints, dullness, etc? The stone looks nice in the out door light and has good sparkle.

Thanks
wavey.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Take it over to Martin Fuller Appraisers over in Tyson Corner and get him to check it out for you. The price seems a little too good for an F VVS. EGL certs can be a little tricky.

ben427

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Does it need to be loose or can it be in the setting to get it properly appraised?

They are giving me a 30 day return policy.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Of course it is easier to grade it loose but a good appraiser can grade a diamond set or loose. And no, the appraiser does not take the diamond out of the setting.

Call Martin up on Monday or Tuesday and set an appointment. I understand that he is fairly busy. You do not need the full 30 days to figure this out. Get any questions you have about your diamond out of the way so you can either enjoy that one or start looking for another.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
I would have gone to the next size 2.00+and dropped to a vs1 quality,(cause $0.99 is not a $1.00).and also VS1 quality is a good quality especially if it is G.I.A certified without paying the price of a IF-VVS.

Just my 2 cents
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results