shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald engagement ring help

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
So I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to jewelry. My girlfriend loves emeralds, and I thought it would be neat to get her an engagement ring with an emerald as the primary stone, and diamonds on the side.

Of course I turned to google, but my head started to swim. There is so much out there's, and I don't want to get ripped off. I want to be in the $2k range.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you want to buy stone separately from setting embassy emeralds have nice colombian emeralds oiled only for decent prices, and I love getting my settings from MyDiamondZone on ebay, but there are plenty of other places to get settings. I am assuming the 2k is the total for stones and setting?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I need to be at 2k out the door.

Bex

Shiny_Rock
While I think this is a lovely and thoughtful idea, please keep in mind that emerald are relatively fragile stones and aren't great for everyday wear. And I love Diamond Zone (they are great to work with!) but part of the reason that their prices are so great is that their settings are pretty lightweight. If you're looking for a ring that she will be able to wear every day for many years, this might not be the best course.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I did a little research and it seems like the life of a retail manager might destroy an emerald?

Now I'm thinking pink sapphire, as I really don't want to have a totally traditional ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. What does she want (stone type, colour, and shape)?
2. What type of setting does she want and how much will it cost?
3. What mm size you hope to get and does the remaining budget support this?

Bex

Shiny_Rock
A pink sapphire would be a great alternative, but Chrono raises a VERY important question: What does your fiancee-to-be want/expect? A colored stone is probably something you should talk about in advance unless you are absolutely positive that she would love it.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
I'm almost certain she would want and alternate color ring. I had pointed out an emerald ring at Costco, and tongue in cheek said that it would make a good engagement ring, and she conquered sincerely.

Not sure how one brings up engagement rings without being obvious that the question is about to be asked.

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Ask her girlfriends/sisters! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results